Celpeze in Ratha 03/05/2013 06:34 PM CST

Celpeze in the abandoned neighborhood aren't spawning. Just walked around with a gamehost after being in there for some time and no spawn. He suggested I post here.

Also their perception has seemed too high since 3.0. I used to hide on them melee with low to mid-300's hiding. Now I can't with low 400's stealth.
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/06/2013 08:19 AM CST

Celpeze are one of the critters than gained 100-150 ranks in the 3.0 conversion. They have ~400 offense and ~500 defenses now (not sure if that is what their perception is based off of).

I was able to hide on them without armor, with rising mists, and low 200's stealths however.
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/06/2013 07:17 PM CST
Are celps on Ratha different than south barricade kresh ones? I can't hide on south barricade celps with low 300's hiding, panther up, but with armor on.
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/09/2013 11:09 PM CST
The Ratha ones were easier by a tick, before 3.0, not sure now,

- Buuwl
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 12:24 PM CDT

It turns out that celpeze in Ratha do spawn for most people but will not spawn for me and a couple of other characters. Could someone look into this please.
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 12:27 PM CDT

I'm not sure the celpeze in Ratha are any easier than those behind the southern barricade, however the spawn is certainly much slower (thus rarely having the defense penelty from having 4 on you, thus making them seem easier). I recall when I was there, if others were in the area and dancing with them, I'd be lucky to get more than 1-2 at a time, even with multiple people in my room.

It was a nice spot to transition from gryphons to being able to dance with 4 celps on Kresh, imo. But the spawn with multiple hunters in the area certainly needs looked at.
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 12:35 PM CDT

>>But the spawn with multiple hunters in the area certainly needs looked at.<<

The area only spawns 3 celpeze per hunter so if there are 2 hunters and 1 is dancing with 4 the other will never get more than 2. If there are 4 hunters and 3 are dancing with 4, the fourth hunter will never get a celpy. This really should be looked at.

However I can stand in there for hours and not gen any critters and I've seen other hunters with the same glitch. The glitch used to go away if you relogged but now it doesn't. The only way I can currently hunt in celpeze is to wait for another hunter to come in and hope he doesn't dance with his 3.
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 12:46 PM CDT
Hmm. I have a guess what might be causing this (I've run into it before... I kinda thought I fixed it already but I might be thinking of a different hunting area).

If you don't mind, what circle are you?

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 12:52 PM CDT

Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 12:53 PM CDT
>>The area only spawns 3 celpeze per hunter so if there are 2 hunters and 1 is dancing with 4 the other will never get more than 2. If there are 4 hunters and 3 are dancing with 4, the fourth hunter will never get a celpy. This really should be looked at.

As it was designed specifically as an alternative to Celpeze on Mer'Kresh, with intentionally less spawn than there, it really doesn't need to be looked at for this. If you want 4 per, to go to Mer'Kresh and stay in the south barricade.

>>However I can stand in there for hours and not gen any critters and I've seen other hunters with the same glitch. The glitch used to go away if you relogged but now it doesn't. The only way I can currently hunt in celpeze is to wait for another hunter to come in and hope he doesn't dance with his 3.

This area has been bugged for this off and on, related to circle. Probably just needs fixing (again).

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 12:53 PM CDT

Oh, yeah. I do recall hearing a rumor about them not spawning for people over XXX circle. Totally forgot about that.
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 01:03 PM CDT
This should be fixed.

Please let me know if you encounter this problem in any other hunting areas.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Celpeze in Ratha 03/11/2013 01:12 PM CDT

>>This should be fixed.<<

It is. Thanks :)