What should I be hunting? 11/15/2012 07:52 PM CST
Last time I tried Celps on Ratha was about 25 ranks ago and I still got 1 shot killed while I was incredibly balanced fighting with one and I was even dancing badger. I got multiple weapons over 400 with my primary approaching 500. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks!

Strength : 42 Reflex : 60
Agility : 44 Charisma : 36
Discipline : 40 Wisdom : 40
Intelligence : 40 Stamina : 40

parry: 522
shield: 505
evasion: 501
Re: What should I be hunting? 11/15/2012 08:26 PM CST
>>Last time I tried Celps on Ratha was about 25 ranks ago and I still got 1 shot killed while I was incredibly balanced fighting with one and I was even dancing badger.

And? Welcome to high level hunting.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: What should I be hunting? 11/15/2012 08:26 PM CST
>>I still got 1 shot killed while I was incredibly balanced fighting with one and I was even dancing badger.

That is just how celps are. If you can learn from them, you can die from them. Very quickly. You have plenty for south barricade celps on Kresh, and approaching enough to start moving to north barricade.

You can try head-splitters in Boar Clan if you want something that will not 1 shot as much. After them it's back to the islands though for Dillos.
Re: What should I be hunting? 11/15/2012 08:53 PM CST
>>That is just how [hunting post 400 ranks is]. If you can learn from them, you can die from them. Very quickly.

FTFY.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: What should I be hunting? 11/15/2012 10:32 PM CST
<<That is just how celps are. If you can learn from them, you can die from them. Very quickly.>>

that's one of the best things about 3.0. This is no longer the case.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: What should I be hunting? 11/16/2012 10:00 AM CST
> You can try head-splitters in Boar Clan if you want something that will not 1 shot as much.

I thought head-splitters were last in the progression after Stompers and Maulers? At his ranks I would try stompers first, if he's okay with a critter that's not skinnable.
Re: What should I be hunting? 11/16/2012 12:27 PM CST
For whatever reason, in all the years I've been playing and the numerous characters I've taken to 100th circle or higher, celpeze seem to one shot kill more than any other critter I've hunted. Yes, just about everything you hunt over 400 ranks is capable of the one shot, but it seems celps do it much more frequently than the rest. I'm very glad they're fixing this with 3.0.

Elvis has left the building.
Re: What should I be hunting? 11/16/2012 04:06 PM CST
>>I thought head-splitters were last in the progression after Stompers and Maulers? At his ranks I would try stompers first

Not sure off all his defensive skills, but with 500 in weapons learning will be slow in stompers. He could try maulers first, and if everything goes good move up to splitters. I'm survival prime so my evasion is way higher than the rest of my skills, but I moved into splitters with ~500 in weapons and the rest of my defenses, and did just fine. In fact I could of moved sooner, but they have incredible perception, so I had to get my stealths high enough to train there.

>>celpeze seem to one shot kill more than any other critter I've hunted

Part of this may be that celps have a high percentage to roll a good attack (guess), or most likely it's because how quickly they spawn and attack. When you are getting attacked 2-3 times more an hour your chances of a 1-shot happening go way up.