Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 08:20 PM CDT

Is there any way we could get the gen in gryphons bumped to 4 per person? A ton of people dance with 4 and at the moment they only spawn at 3 per person. When we get 3 or 4 people in there you end up with 1 or 2 people that only have 1-2 gryphons.
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 10:10 PM CDT
>>Spider2000: Is there any way we could get the gen in gryphons bumped to 4 per person? A ton of people dance with 4 and at the moment they only spawn at 3 per person. When we get 3 or 4 people in there you end up with 1 or 2 people that only have 1-2 gryphons.

It is likely that this will be a non-issue once 3.0 rolls out. One of the goals for Combat 3.0 is to make it so that endless dancing for defenses should no longer be desirable. It's also supposed to become dangerous to have three or more creatures engaged with you.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 10:23 PM CDT
Also there's a rumor changes to gryphs make them less desirable overall as well.

- Buuwl
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 10:23 PM CDT
you won't want 4 of 'em on you in 3.0.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 10:33 PM CDT
>>It's also supposed to become dangerous to have three or more creatures engaged with you.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the case anymore.

>>Also there's a rumor changes to gryphs make them less desirable overall as well.

There's a good reason why you shouldn't believe rumors.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 10:51 PM CDT

>>>>Also there's a rumor changes to gryphs make them less desirable overall as well.

- Buuwl<<<

I truly hope this isn't the case. I'm all for niche critters but I think we do need to keep some critters like gryphons that are just a straight good training creature. Nothing fancy, nothing uber about them.
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 11:03 PM CDT
which part? them retreating or the knock-over? because those aren't just rumor, that's fact in their present incarnation.

which makes them ideal for a ranged or TM user - so that's where i train my WM; but not so ideal for a melee-centered barbarian. Although there are other critters at that range that do fill in the gap, which is why I moved my barbarian to caracals. <which would not be a good option for my WM because of their M'riss location, my WM being s'kra mur. My barbarian is not a s'kra. :-)

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 11:06 PM CDT
I'll just repeat that it's good not to listen to rumors, nor is it good to listen to people who tend to be impatient and not wait for individual critter adjustments to get addressed before making statements.

Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 11:15 PM CDT
Fighting them for 3 weeks and experiencing the same thing repetatively, and then taking action to set myself in a better environment for my characters is not being an "idiot", nor is it being "impatient." Having asked repeatedly whether they were intended to have these actions, not getting a reply - tends to make me believe that the intention is to leave them as is.

/---
Leucius
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/01/2012 11:16 PM CDT
I'll stand by what I said.

Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/02/2012 02:30 AM CDT
>>I'll stand by what I said.

You should. It was stated 3 weeks (or so) that they would be adjusted eventually.

>>Rumors

I am able to handle the same 4 young/fledgling gryphons I was always able to handle with my Barb at that skill range, with a couple minor annoyances that again, are to be looked at in due time when important things are adjusted.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/02/2012 03:35 AM CDT
As I said, I adjusted where my barbarian hunts for the duration. Because for me, its more than a minor annoyance if it affects what I can hunt and collect loot from during a major festival if I have to spend half my time standing up again. Same complaint for Fang Cove Serpents & their webbing for some of my lower characters.

And if something WAS said in regard to gryphons being "fixed", it was perhaps said in chat when I wasn't online, it wasn't posted in plat or prime forums by the GMs. So there is a certain lack of communication there.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/02/2012 07:17 AM CDT
Buuuwl who do you play? You've been claiming to have 'insider knowledge' that has been consistently specious at best.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/02/2012 09:06 PM CDT
I play Buuwl (with only two u's you cant choose three) and I claim no such knowledge. Why don't you settle down.

- Buuwl
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/02/2012 09:08 PM CDT
> I play Buuwl (with only two u's you cant choose three) and I claim no such knowledge. Why don't you settle down.

You have done so repeatedly here and in the Barb forums. And I apologize about the name, my phone freaks out about things like that.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/02/2012 09:19 PM CDT
I still think you need to settle down.

- Buuwl
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/03/2012 12:06 AM CDT

>>which part? them retreating or the knock-over? because those aren't just rumor, that's fact in their present incarnation.

which makes them ideal for a ranged or TM user - so that's where i train my WM; but not so ideal for a melee-centered barbarian. Although there are other critters at that range that do fill in the gap, which is why I moved my barbarian to caracals. <which would not be a good option for my WM because of their M'riss location, my WM being s'kra mur. My barbarian is not a s'kra. :-)<<

You are thinking of the wrong level of gryphons. The ones that do the knock down, and such are mature, and such. The baby, fletchling, young don't do any special moves, nor anything fancy.
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/03/2012 01:24 AM CDT
>>You are thinking of the wrong level of gryphons. The ones that do the knock down, and such are mature, and such. The baby, fletchling, young don't do any special moves, nor anything fancy.

And this is why we are not supposed to mention specifics from Plat on the Prime boards. The last I heard, it was a bug and not intended to stay, so it just creates unnecessary (if minor this time) confusion.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/03/2012 07:54 PM CDT

>>And this is why we are not supposed to mention specifics from Plat on the Prime boards. The last I heard, it was a bug and not intended to stay, so it just creates unnecessary (if minor this time) confusion<<

I really hope that this doesn't stay active for dr 3.0. I'd hate to see young/fledgling gryphons become a basic wasteland like mature are now. Ranged only critters are just so niche that they tend to not be used very much at all.
Re: Young/fledgling forest gryphons 11/03/2012 09:36 PM CDT
>>Ranged only critters are just so niche that they tend to not be used very much at all.

They're not flying, even in Plat right now.