After warklins 06/28/2012 11:35 AM CDT
Howdy,

Sitting at 450s defense, 400s offense. Looking to move on from warklins, or wondering how long I should stay before moving on. What is the general ladder after gryphons these days?

Thanks!
GENT
Re: After warklins 06/28/2012 11:42 AM CDT
Try celps on mer'kresh or zombies in boar clan
Re: After warklins 06/28/2012 02:50 PM CDT

I went gryphons/purifiers/warklin/apes/dillos
Re: After warklins 07/27/2012 01:43 PM CDT
Late reply,

Still hopping between gryphons and warklins. When did you move up to apes? I went there the other day to see how they were, and they are completely off the table right now. 500 ranks in defense, 70 reflex, fully spelled up Ranger. Not sure how far warklins will take me, but is that a reasonable jump up?

Thanks!
GENT
Re: After warklins 07/27/2012 02:13 PM CDT

I started Apes with 510 evasion, 420 shield, Parry, and MO with 60 reflex in full leather.
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 12:24 AM CDT
Wow. I am getting nailed in there, but I also am Brawling primary, which I'm guessing is going to come back to bite me in the arse now that I'm in the upper end of the critter scale. Can't get past the bone parry whatsoever.

Gryphons still work, -ish, so I'll continue hopping between them and maulers 'til I give up and move to the islands.

Thanks
GENT
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 09:56 AM CDT

I trained brawling in there perfectly fine...I rarely died in apes around those ranks. Do you have a cross armor penalty?
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 12:59 PM CDT
If you don't mind Muspar'i... Gam Chaga will get you to 500 if you need it and then hhivinis are right next door in the 500-700 range.
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 02:08 PM CDT
All leather. Full Ranger bonus. I'm baffled. I'll try again in 10-15 ranks and see what happens.

Thanks for all the advice!
GENT
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 02:24 PM CDT

Wasn't a fan of gam chaga if I remember correctly they had low stamina and in a water area so I don't think I could hunt...hvini were just a little out of my range and they spawn like nuts so I was constantly trying to kill the 4th. Crossings warklin were too packed and the spawn was inconsistent. I rode ratha warklin until apes. Apes seem to spawn 3 per room so MO never seemed to be an issue. Not sure why you're having problems GENT...are the bones killing you? I had to screw around with stances while there.
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 02:57 PM CDT
>low stamina and in a water area

Low stamina but high spawn rate. If you stay to the eastern part of the area called the junction or shore, you're not in water.
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 03:03 PM CDT

True, I just found it difficult to keep 4 weapons consiststantly, maybe I didn't har hunt because of life mana perhaps. I just remember I wasnt a huge fan of them as a ranger.
Re: After warklins 07/28/2012 03:39 PM CDT
There are two 'good' Life rooms in Chaga, and a smattering of 'okay' ones. There is water which also brings Isundjen into the equation but that could be what helps take you into Hhnivi.

Jhustis said she's working on some more surprises for Muspar'i hunting. I'm looking forward to it and coming out here to acclimate yourself early might not be a bad idea.

System Announcement: The Night Sun has been snuffed. It's dark again. Now the scary stuff comes out.
Re: After warklins 07/29/2012 08:48 AM CDT
i've hunted chaga and conjurers as a necro, and they're a challenging, but fun hunt. <and for me, I prefer them for RP reasons to DPs> although I have plenty of swimming, i prefer to keep out of the water for the most part as well, as the other poster suggested, stay in the eastern area and you should be all right.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: After warklins 07/29/2012 09:21 AM CDT
Indeed, they are an option. I just found DP Purifiers/gryphons to be a much superior alternative. Better mana rooms, the ability to hunt no matter where you are, good spawn, higher stamina, climbing/swimming in Boar clan, I say try them both out and see what works best for you. What worked well for me may not work well for others. This is just my personal opinion, but I feel there are way better options than Gam Chaga.
Re: After warklins 07/29/2012 12:45 PM CDT
I just went and tried purifiers for the first time 2 days ago, and am in absolute heaven. They train everything just as good as young/mature gryphons did, but the DP actually drop boxes, swarm better for me (young/mature didn't spawn as well for me as the young/fledgeling area did), and the DP also train TM (430ish) better for me.

Also, Pivuh's are right next door which allow me to train lower weapons (160-220 for lower weapons, compared to 340ish primary) and keep skinning moving well at 260s. Between Pivuh and Purifiers not even like 3 steps apart, it's easy to keep everything I train moving well. I am sad I didn't come try purifiers a little earlier.

I actually dance with 4 DP as a WM with no buffs up at all, with 390 MO, 385 parry, 355 shield, and 370 evasion, with 55 reflex. The only time I actually get hit is when I'm attacking due to the defensive penalties of certain moves. However, if I use any of my buffs at all, I don't ever get hit. Mana in the DP area is also top-of-the-line. With my PP ranks, a 15 mana room is about as high as I typically see, and numerous rooms have 15 mana. If I use fissure the mana can get up to a 19, where 99.9% of the time, an 18 was the best I'd see with fissure in gryphons in 1-2 rooms only.

Also, gem seller, skinner, bank, etc are all only like 15-20 rooms away. If you have to leave combat, a run to town takes like 2 minutes, and you can be right back to hunting again. Only thing I'm not sure of is repair shops nearby, or where people hang out at.

-Master Ndin