Alternate to Celps 04/16/2012 08:53 PM CDT
I'm LX primary, and have gotten fed up with Celps anti-aim ability. Is there an alternative that swarms, maybe not as much as them, but similar? Preferable near something that drops boxes as well:

Shield: 432 67% Leather: 444 44%
LC: 423 25% HC: 396 64%
Cloth: 96 21% Parry: 461 21%
MO: 462 94% LE: 368 61%
ME: 368 61% LX: 446 52%
LT: 368 85% Brawl: 369 36%
Offhand: 368 53% Evade: 570 36%
Percep: 589 73% Hide: 583 15%
Stalk: 602 29% BS: 499 43%
Skin: 560 89%

Strength : 49 Reflex : 67
Agility : 60 Charisma : 48
Discipline : 58 Wisdom : 33
Intelligence : 38 Stamina : 48

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/16/2012 09:07 PM CDT
You could try seordmaor's. They're somewhat close to sky giants, which drop boxes. Sky giants are probably too much for you in general, but maybe with thief tricks you could kill them for their boxes.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/17/2012 12:18 AM CDT
Seems like you could handle zombie stompers at those ranks, not real sure though

Apu
_
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Apu
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/17/2012 09:15 AM CDT

Stompers are just a tad tougher than celps. Maybe orc raiders?

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/17/2012 05:47 PM CDT
If you need boxes then a good path could be raiders > hhinvi > head-splitters > assassins.

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/17/2012 11:28 PM CDT
>>Stompers are just a tad tougher than celps. Maybe orc raiders?

They definitely are a tad harder, but shouldn't 570 evasion be plenty to easily stay alive even against 4? I would think those ranks would be plenty for handling zombie stompers, although killing an enraged tusky with those weapon skills may be quite the challenge

(I hunted stompers for a long time though where I flat out left the hunting ground when a tusky came in, there's no shame in that :)

Apu
_
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/17/2012 11:48 PM CDT
That's perfect skills for stompers. I've been hunting them since 500 evasion and 400s in the rest of my combats. Just have to watch out for tuskies.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/17/2012 11:53 PM CDT
>>although killing an enraged tusky with those weapon skills may be quite the challenge

Khri spar plus ranged is enough to deal with tuskies at those levels.

If you have quads I'd use them for sure. This is how I know capped ammo is OP. With 400 in SB I couldn't hit a tusky with normal ammo, but load a capped basilisk head arrow and I was doing massive hits.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/18/2012 07:15 AM CDT
Heh, the tuskies can be fun. They actually aren't terrible to kill. It's their special attack that completely unbalances you that makes them so dangerous. If you can manage to kill them relatively quickly when they come in they aren't so bad.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/18/2012 07:24 AM CDT
>>tusky lies

These things are evil. I did exactly what Apu mentioned earlier and ran from them for the first month or two in BC just because of their charge and unbalancing specials. Even now its almost reflex just to hang back and start using ranged just to keep them from having a shot to take me out. I dont suggest them unless you're going to train a ranged weapon and have a way to buff it early on.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/19/2012 12:09 AM CDT
>>Even now its almost reflex just to hang back and start using ranged just to keep them from having a shot to take me out. I dont suggest them unless you're going to train a ranged weapon and have a way to buff it early on.

Really? I hunt head-splitters and still can't even kill tuskies with ranged weapons. That's sad, WTB weapon skill buffs

Apu
_
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/19/2012 08:24 AM CDT
Thanks for all the suggestions, Stompers are working perfectly. Boxes are a little on the hard side (which is a bit embarrassing for a thief, but I've neglected box skills for a while).

>>Really? I hunt head-splitters and still can't even kill tuskies with ranged weapons. That's sad, WTB weapon skill buffs

Tuskies are incredibly annoying, but is workable, since the tuskies are so rare. (I HATE mixed level hunting grounds) But if you're in head-splitters, you should be able to take them. ~450 LX takes me about 8-9 full aimed shots to take them out. What ranged are you using?

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/19/2012 08:55 AM CDT

Haralun bola and 450ish LT and it still takes a WHILE to whittle the things down, but its a lot better than trying with a melee weapon and eating a special/charge and watching an hour of hunting exp go by the wayside, heh.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/19/2012 10:57 AM CDT
<<Haralun bola and 450ish LT and it still takes a WHILE to whittle the things down, but its a lot better than trying with a melee weapon and eating a special/charge and watching an hour of hunting exp go by the wayside, heh.

<<Haralun bola and 450ish LT\

<<LT

Yeah.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/19/2012 11:36 AM CDT
>>tuskies

Heh, 450 shortbow + khri spar and I drop them in 3-4 hits. Go go OP stickbows.
Re: Alternate to Celps 04/19/2012 09:42 PM CDT
>>~450 LX takes me about 8-9 full aimed shots to take them out. What ranged are you using?

I'm using LX, and yeah maybe I could eventually kill them with like 10 fully aimed shots (if I actually carried that much ammunition, which I generally don't). It's just kinda silly though how I can kill them in under 10 seconds with HE or 2-3 minutes with LX (where LX skill > HE skill, barely)

Apu
_