Looking for new hunting grounds 10/07/2011 10:50 AM CDT
I've been in Mountain Giants for quite awhile now and while weapons are still moving nicely, defenses are really slowing down. I'm a Paladin so my defenses are quite a bit higher than my weapons which are close to 410. Reason I'd like to move is it's getting a bit crowded in here at times. Need something a step up from Giants but that I can still hit with my weapons. Only requirement I have is to stay on the mainland, I can't stand the islands ;)

-Shadow Bane Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/07/2011 10:55 AM CDT
Try Zombie Stompers in boar clan, i train weapons from 250-440 there and my defenses still lock fast with shield in the upper 500s.
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/07/2011 11:35 AM CDT

Agree with stompers. They cap shield really close to 700, maybe around 680. Bonus of the occasional soul boost for killing them. The only suggestion I'd make is to not use your holy weapon if you have one. They die pretty quickly anyway, the bless boost is a bit much.

Also, watch out for the wandering tuskies. They are not super hard to kill, but they will tank your balance when with their stompy thing and that can be dangerous (TR is huge here).

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/07/2011 11:48 AM CDT
Completely forgot aobut the boost against undead. That explains why i obliterate them with HE and 2he
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/07/2011 12:51 PM CDT

Are there enough people around Stompers to scare up a class if I am looking to teach? For me the advantage of Shalswars and Wraiths right now is that I can usually manage to find someone to teach.
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/07/2011 02:01 PM CDT

The gate to boar clan has had a bit of a crowd there recently. I'm sure you could find someone to listen.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/14/2011 09:07 AM CDT
Boar clan all the way. Love that place at that level (wish it was around when I was at those ranks). If you want a bit more isolation...go to muspar'i. I can't begin to recall how to spell the name...but those new creatures up there rock until about 600 ranks (maybe more).

Madigan
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/14/2011 02:53 PM CDT
Yeah I've tried out the zombies in boar clan, it's right up my alley. Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like I've found a new home (even if it is FURTHER away from my real home =/ )

-Shadow Bane Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Looking for new hunting grounds 10/15/2011 07:03 AM CDT
<<If you want a bit more isolation...go to muspar'i. I can't begin to recall how to spell the name...but those new creatures up there rock until about 600 ranks (maybe more).>>

hhrvini i think?

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls