Ready for Celps? 10/31/2010 02:33 PM CDT
I'm currently in gryphons, but was hoping to move to a less crowded area.

Here are my current skills and stats, or soon to be from backtraining

Shield : 500
Armors : 410
Evasion : 400
Parry : 340
Multi : 400
Weapons : 340
Target : 300-320
Skinning : 340
Climbing : 300
Swimming : 300

Agility : 50
Reflex : 41
Discipline : 40

My main concern is whether I'd be able to hit 'em and would I be able
to learn any skinning at all.

I'd also like to train survivals

Malizach, Paladin

Re: Ready for Celps? 10/31/2010 04:34 PM CDT
Skinning would be slow going in the low 340's, that's about what I had when I started in celps, and I was only pulling off about 1 in 3 eyes successfully at that point. It's about to hit 360 now, and I'm pulling them off pretty consistently at this point.

The weapons might struggle to hit them, also, or to do much damage when they do. Depending on which weapon it is, I still don't land reliably hard hits against them with low 400's weapons unless I've got dragon dance active. My lower damage weapons being brawling, LT and HB. Even without hitting hard, though, they still train quite awesome as long as you can hit them at all.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Ready for Celps? 10/31/2010 05:58 PM CDT
You should be fine there.
Re: Ready for Celps? 10/31/2010 09:18 PM CDT
I agree, you should be fine. Use RW, HeS for weapon, you'll need it. My primary weapon I can hit them fine with in the high 400s, but I'm also training my second in there are 320ish. No issues with RW and HeS up.

I'd also suggest using HoW, leaving evasion and shield both at 100% and dumping everything else in to parry. Their special attack hits parry pretty frequently and I find it locks just fine, even with only 30-50% in parry.

TM you'll have issues with, but you can train it there. I have the most luck with strange arrow. You won't be able to low prep/spam and actually hit them. I prep at 14 or 15, target, harness 5 twice (while fully targeting) then cast. As long as I raise mana first I'm usually able to lock TM or at least come close.

I'm in there with 340 skinning now. I'm arranging once and, like mentioned before, getting about 1/3 successfully. But, you'll learn from the failures and the arranges, so it should move fine.

I know nothing of these 'survivals' you speak of...lol.

Have fun!

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!