WTH Plan 12/30/2009 02:20 PM CST
Having recently reached my personal weapon master title goal I'm wondering what to hunt next and when to move there.

Currently i'm hunting fledgeling/young gryphons and defenses have slowed down considerably, which was expected. I still dont have enough weapon skills to move up to a harder creature so i'm thinking of staying in gryphons until around 300 ranks in weapons. At that point i'll be wanting to find a new hunting area to continue learning defenses and stealths efficiently.

Current skills and stats:

Guild: Ranger
Strength : 43
Stamina : 45
Reflex : 60
Agility : 75
Discipline : 55

Shield Usage: 466 87% -> (33/34)
Leather Armor: 454 09% -> (6/34)
Parry Ability: 461 28% -> (33/34)
Multi Opponent: 443 38% -> (0/34) yeah...
Evasion: 496 83% -> (1/34)
Targeted Magic: 334 30% -> (24/34)
Weapons: 3 bows, 2 crossbows, 4 edged, 3 blunts, 2 thrown + halberds, brawling and offhand are all between 251 and 265

Mature and older gryphons fly so i'm guessing they're a pain to train weapons with.
Celpeze... what would be a good starting point for weapon training in celepeze? Are there neutral or wilderness rooms to hunt them in?

What do you guys suggest i do next? Thanks :D
Re: WTH Plan 12/30/2009 09:27 PM CST
>>Having recently reached my personal weapon master title goal I'm wondering what to hunt next and when to move there.

Wow, congrats on the title.....you in Prime or TF? I'm not sure where you should hunt next as I am not in that position yet (I take a different route than alot anyways) :/

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: WTH Plan 01/02/2010 08:49 PM CST
<<<Mature and older gryphons fly so i'm guessing they're a pain to train weapons with.>>>

Actually, they are not a pain to train weapons. You just do not have enough weapon skill. I doubt you could even hit them. I can lock easy with alot higher missle skills. IMO gryphons are some of the most underrated critters in the game. You could probably do very well in young gryphons. They will teach you evasion and such to about 550, and you might be able to hit those with your weapons.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: WTH Plan 01/02/2010 09:51 PM CST
Interesting...

Is it possible to hit them with melee weapons while they're flying? How often do they fly? Do they attack while flying?

I'm currently hunting young gryphons and they're teaching weapons greatly. Can keep 9 weapons above 5/34 on a good day but usually just manage 8.
Not good enough for defenses anymore, tho.
Re: WTH Plan 01/02/2010 10:35 PM CST
<<<Is it possible to hit them with melee weapons while they're flying? How often do they fly? Do they attack while flying?

I'm currently hunting young gryphons and they're teaching weapons greatly. Can keep 9 weapons above 5/34 on a good day but usually just manage 8.
Not good enough for defenses anymore, tho. >>>

Not possible to hit them while flying, unless you use missle weapons. They fly alot again, but then land alot. Yes, they attack while flying, but then again, how will you learn defense if they dont attack? You need more weapons to hunt anything bigger then young, but your defense should fly to 550 if you give young a try.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: WTH Plan 01/03/2010 01:29 PM CST
>> IMO gryphons are some of the most underrated critters in the game. You could probably do very well in young gryphons.
>> Actually, they are not a pain to train weapons.

:psyduck:

They are the most popular creature in the game by far. And the elders are terrible for training defenses/melee weapons.

Gonif,

Are you suggesting that a spell be written specifically to allow necromancers to move into an area protected by holy magic for the purpose of constructing a vulture heart candy trail for Khurek to follow?

-Totenus
Re: WTH Plan 01/04/2010 11:50 AM CST
It seems one of the biggest fixes for upper end hunting (at least in Theren) would be to put the elder/adult/mature gryphons on the ground. Leave their special attacks if you need to, but putting them on the ground would help a ton.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: WTH Plan 01/04/2010 12:43 PM CST
Something like that would be great. If the larger gryphons were similar to the < young gryphons, even with a special attack or two, I'd never leave Theren.

As it stands, the flying thing makes them nearly pointless to hunt when there are so many more viable and more efficient options.
Re: WTH Plan 01/04/2010 01:41 PM CST
That's what i was affraid of. Thanks for the replies.