New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/14/2009 07:17 PM CDT
I've noticed that since the new exp change that people will camp in the very few gryphon rooms near rossmans for hours on end. Sure, I could go elsewhere to train my primaries, but it sure would be nice to maybe see an expansion of this area or perhaps some mechanic like an elder gryphon that boots folks back to town after a given amount of time.

Just a thought.

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer of Therengia

Caraamon loudly asks, "Ya still got tasks fer us ta do, Les?"
>
The Barbarian Guildleader Les says, "Kill. Don't care what. Make dead."
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/14/2009 08:50 PM CDT
Or make it so mature and elder gryphons don't fly.
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 10:56 AM CDT
>>Or make it so mature and elder gryphons don't fly

I find that flying creatures tend to be weak when you can actually hit them. If you take away their flying, they will be compensated elsewhere.

Try using magic, ranged, or a pole-arm? I am fighting flying creatures right now using the above and it is lovely.

Words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think.

- Lord Byron
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 11:57 AM CDT
The issue is defensive training. Once you cap young gryphons, defensive training goes downhill in Therengia at 500 and up.

Elder/Mature Gryphons fit this niche, but unless they land more often or are put on the ground...just not so much.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 12:20 PM CDT
Allow targeted attacks of the wings?
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 12:23 PM CDT
Add tails while you're in there. ::hums::

Rev. Reene

Kssarh says, "At least I have not had another Guildleader complain about you in a while."
>
Kssarh says, "Which is rather disappointing. You have a reputation to uphold."
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 12:25 PM CDT
<<Elder/Mature Gryphons fit this niche, but unless they land more often or are put on the ground...just not so much.

Thats the reason I won't hunt them. I don't mind the thunderclap or being knocked down, but not learning defenses is a deal breaker for me.

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 02:28 PM CDT
>I find that flying creatures tend to be weak when you can actually hit them. If you take away their flying, they will be compensated elsewhere.

Yes thats it, please make them stop flying and compensate them elsewhere.

Thank you.

Felicini
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 03:01 PM CDT
>I don't mind the thunderclap or being knocked down, but not learning defenses is a deal breaker for me

Ditto. I really wanted to like those guys, and would have stayed if they didn't fly. Shoot, the thunderclaps never hit me, anyway.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 03:12 PM CDT
> Yes thats it, please make them stop flying and compensate them elsewhere.

They aren't going to stop flying. If that's inconvenient, there are other critters in the same level range. I can pretty much guarantee that if we grounded gryphons, we'd also take away all the things that make them so popular to hunt along with it.

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 03:28 PM CDT
> >I don't mind the thunderclap or being knocked down, but not learning defenses is a deal breaker for me

That probably won't be (as much of) an issue once I finish overhauling the combat mechs.

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 04:10 PM CDT
<<That probably won't be (as much of) an issue once I finish overhauling the combat mechs.

I would love you long time if that happens! Well not really, but I might name a cat after you or at the very least not kick puppies in your name. ;)

I can't wait to see this new combat in full.

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/15/2009 06:05 PM CDT
Dart,

Are there any plans to fix the issues with flying creatures with the combat rewrites? i.e. enchantes not being 'in range' to hit them, or the fact that they can instantly jump back into the air after being knocked down?

I really don't mind the flying in theory but it would be nice if we could target body parts to make it so they cannot fly anymore and/or if they had a timer on getting back into the air. Right now it's a little skewed to the flying side of things.

Thanks
GENT
Re: New EXP vs. Rossman's gryphons 07/16/2009 06:29 PM CDT
And back to the original point of the thread, are there any plans to expand the rossmans gryphon area? (though since posting I've had a couple of lucky breaks and been able to get a room long enough to get things moving).

~Mammoth Rider Maulem Akavame, Death Dealer of Therengia

Caraamon loudly asks, "Ya still got tasks fer us ta do, Les?"
>
The Barbarian Guildleader Les says, "Kill. Don't care what. Make dead."