WTH 11/29/2016 09:33 PM CST
So I returned to the realms about a month ago and I have been grinding it out in Young Gryphons since then. I have a pretty bad spread between my shield/armor (am a paladin) and my weapons due to some heavy backtraining that I was wrapping up before I left. The learning in the young/fledgling area has all but stopped for shield/plate (rarely moves above dabbling). I will continue to grind weapons without learning shield until i'm ready for the next critter, but if there is something I could move to that would train everything that would great. Skinnable and mainland preferred but not required.

Shield/Armor ~420
Evasion/Parry~340
Weapons 300-320
Re: WTH 11/29/2016 10:35 PM CST
Peccs I think are in that range.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: WTH 11/29/2016 10:36 PM CST
Sorry, more specifically Bristle backs

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: WTH 11/30/2016 11:24 AM CST
Peccs are training very similar to young gryphons. They move my weapons/parry/evasion fine, but they barely move shield as well. It looks like I may need to just grind out the weapon ranks and let shield slow down for now.
Re: WTH 11/30/2016 11:38 AM CST
Dobeks, supple firecats, maybe Germish'din
Re: WTH 11/30/2016 12:17 PM CST
Mountain Giants north of the ice road might be a good fit, too.

Samsaren
Re: WTH 12/01/2016 11:04 AM CST

shadow beast and basilisk
Re: WTH 12/01/2016 09:21 PM CST
Thanks for the advice everyone, I've been busy and unable to play as much as I would like to, I'm going to give a few of these a try this weekend, supple firecats will probably be first on my list (skinnable and huntable and not to far off of where i'm at). I will let ya'll know how it goes.
Re: WTH 12/02/2016 04:36 PM CST
I like the Gate of Souls area. There are atik'et mixed in with the firecats / westies depending on what part your in. So in conjunction with skinning you get boxes if that's your forte. The only downside is its not really feasible to transition from the temple area to the upper tier without a lot of difficulty since the atik'et in temple soft cap at like 320-330 and westies 300. Upper tier atik'et wouldn't be to bad of a transitions but the firecats tend to work you over at those skills. You will be solid with 400+ shield though.

In addition you can go to the temple, or entrance area to backtrain weapons if you like.
Re: WTH 12/06/2016 07:10 PM CST
So I tried out firecats, and with just 2 on me they were getting consistent solid hits, which I found surprising as they were not really moving my D's. It was late when I was in so I didn't stay long. I trained up some reflex and am going to give them another try. If that doesn't work I'll try out Dobeks next.
Re: WTH 12/06/2016 08:07 PM CST
If firecats were getting you, Dobeks will eat you for lunch. Plus, they poison.

Monster Elec

Re: WTH 12/07/2016 12:40 PM CST
After training up reflex, and using buffs, cats are fine, they are rarely hitting me. That being said, they are also not moving shield above 1. They are moving Plate and Defending though, which is nice. I'm gonna give basilisks and shadowbeasts a try next as they are really close by. Appreciate the input from everyone.
Re: WTH 12/09/2016 01:04 PM CST
Your real problem is need to hunt to your weapons, rather than your defenses. Best to just bite down hard and hammer all your weapons up to the kitties, then move on like that.

Prydaen prayer for the hunt:
http://pastebin.com/fRrP52H7
Re: WTH 12/09/2016 07:44 PM CST
Thing is with the gate of souls area, the mixed creatures in pretty much all of the areas train to different levels than the other. For example, the atik'et in the temple teach about 20-40 ranks higher than the westies. I think the same goes for the firecats and atik'et outside, might have a run of mostly atik'et when they teach slightly less.
Re: WTH 12/10/2016 07:42 PM CST
So, basilisks are great, they are moving everything without to much trouble. Not being able to use the hunt verb is less than optimal. One question, how are shadow beasts and basilisks separated? Optimally I would like to avoid the shadow beasts.
Re: WTH 12/12/2016 07:56 PM CST

the first room inside of there is basilisk. very seldom do you get a beast. the further north you go the more beast. that being said sometimes you can get a stray but usually not many in the first rooms
Re: WTH 12/30/2016 11:52 AM CST
black marbled gargoyles work very well post young gryphons. skins and boxes.