Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 06/06/2015 11:53 PM CDT
Does anyone else feel that the Young Ogre spawn is a little low in the Rocky Outcrop area near Wolf Clan? Particularly since Scout Ogres apparently don't spawn here anymore, I would love it if a) they could be turned up a bit since they currently don't appear to spawn very much at all, and b) they could spawn in the area where Scout Ogres used to spawn before since I think that area is just vacant right now.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Comments, questions, snide remarks?

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 06/09/2015 05:58 PM CDT
Nobody? It appears that young ogres are set to generate about 2.5 creatures per 1 hunter, which means that when 3 hunters are in the area, it generates 8 ogres total... which is enough for two hunters to dance with 4 each, and one person to stand around alone, occasionally getting a single ogre but not two. That's actually what's happening currently.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 06/11/2015 01:56 PM CDT
I know that 3 posts in a row with no reply is certain to come off as whiny, but I'd like to note that I'm asking for an increase to the spawn here not just for my own benefit; I'm currently sitting on four ogres (killing them, and having new ones show up pretty regularly) while the other hunter in the area fights one, or zero as he waits for a new one. If the spawn can't be increased, is there at least some way to make ogres cap at 3 per room, so that one person doesn't end up with 80% of the critters in the area?

I

Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 06/11/2015 05:11 PM CDT
Just so you know, Young ogres are basically ignored by everyone, they're pretty terrible to hunt. You can do much, much, better as far as hunting options.

GMs tend to prioritize based on population needs (i.e. do lots of people hunt here, will my changes help lots of people, etc.), so getting attention may be difficult.
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 06/11/2015 09:22 PM CDT
>>It appears that young ogres are set to generate about 2.5 creatures per 1 hunter

Not what it was set to.

>>three posts
I was waiting for more feedback from others. Either way, slight adjustment to young ogres spawn was made.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 06/11/2015 10:31 PM CDT
<I know that 3 posts in a row with no reply is certain to come off as whiny, but I'd like to note that I'm asking for an increase to the spawn here not just for my own benefit; I'm currently sitting on four ogres (killing them, and having new ones show up pretty regularly) while the other hunter in the area fights one, or zero as he waits for a new one. If the spawn can't be increased, is there at least some way to make ogres cap at 3 per room, so that one person doesn't end up with 80% of the critters in the area?

Agreed. As someone hunting in this area, it's often starved for spawns when there's someone dancing with 4 and not killing anything.
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 06/12/2015 01:36 PM CDT
>> Not what it was set to.

It was my best guess. When checking I observed 3 in the area with one hunter present (3/1=3), 5 in the area when two hunters were present (5/2=2.5) and 8 in the area with 3 hunters present (8/3=2.6...). I figured the spawn was set to 2.5 or 2.75, and 2.5 seemed more likely.

>> I was waiting for more feedback from others. Either way, slight adjustment to young ogres spawn was made.

Yeah, I was hoping for more players to comment as well, but either way I appreciate you turning it up. There were three of us in there earlier and every time I checked everyone had at least 2 on them, which is a heck of a lot better than none. Keep on being awesome.

I

"It's intended for you to have to make choices with your spell slots." ~ NINEVAH1

"Sometimes I feel like I should make that my new forum sig." ~ GM Raesh
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/14/2015 01:31 AM CDT

>>three posts
I was waiting for more feedback from others. Either way, slight adjustment to young ogres spawn was made.

Just saw this post. The spawn is kind of bad, but it doesn't help that the area has some physical boundaries, not sure if they spawn outside the granite area.

Also with the dodge/parry spamming...

>> Just so you know, Young ogres are basically ignored by everyone, they're pretty terrible to hunt. You can do much, much, better as far as hunting options.

>>> GMs tend to prioritize based on population needs (i.e. do lots of people hunt here, will my changes help lots of people, etc.), so getting attention may be difficult.

This is actually not true at all. Young ogres perfect for a range which is severely lacking in options. 100-130ish. Vipers destroy me, dire bears destroy me, silverback don't teach. There isn't much left in the crossing. I'm glad I found the ogres!
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/14/2015 01:37 AM CDT
<<There isn't much left in the crossing.

Gargoyles.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/14/2015 02:30 AM CDT

>> Gargoyles.

Hmm, never tried crossing ones. Do they spawn in a certain part of the map? looks like a lot of death spirits.
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/14/2015 02:40 AM CDT
>> Gargoyles.

>> Hmm, never tried crossing ones. Do they spawn in a certain part of the map? looks like a lot of death spirits.

Premie area?
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/14/2015 03:45 AM CDT
Crocodiles.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/14/2015 05:34 PM CDT
<<Premie area?

Possibly... I don't notice any premium messaging on the way in, though. It's possible I've missed it in the automapper scroll.

<<Do they spawn in a certain part of the map? looks like a lot of death spirits.

In the western portion of the map where it says 'drained field.' This map says death spirits spawn there, but there aren't any. Those spawn in the eastern portion with the blueberry bushes.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/RanikMap6

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/14/2015 10:58 PM CDT
<<Premie area?

>>> Possibly... I don't notice any premium messaging on the way in, though. It's possible I've missed it in the automapper scroll

Most definitely. A monk says you can't go in there.

Premium 6 - Premium Hunting Areas

Zoluren
- Crossing: - Shipyard - ship rats
[Find the stacks of lumber, then GO LUMBER]
- Crossing: - Baearholt's (!) - black rats, wood trolls, cougars, bears, meadow rams
[Go out Crossing's Northeast gate, then N, N, N, NE, NE, N, GO TRAIL, GO TAVERN. Lower level creatures stay near the tavern. Bears, trolls and grendels are near the orchard, and cougars and rams are near the stile.]
- Crossing: - Applebrandy River - grass eels
[In the SW corner of the eel area is an incline to climb.]
- Crossing: - Monastary - skunks, granite gargoyles, death spirits
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/15/2015 03:03 PM CDT

>> young ogres

I found a much better area! Like 100x better. Thanks for everyone encouraging me to move!
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/15/2015 06:42 PM CDT

Care to share?
Re: Young Ogres - Rocky Outcrop 07/15/2015 09:00 PM CDT

>> Care to share?

I would, but I've been talking about my necromancer too much on here. I don't want to make it too easy for people to track me down. At least make em go through every 100-200 skill mob. :)

Sorry, doing my best to maintain cover for now.

I will say gargoyles were a bust though. Can't perform rituals on em.