WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 01:52 PM CST
Prefer boxes, but not a requirement.
Looking for a good weapons trainer past 140
Defenses around 130
Fine to overhunt slightly. (What's life without a little risk?)
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 02:00 PM CST
If you don't mind the islands, first tier snow gobs on Aesry are probably a decent fit.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 02:36 PM CST

Pirates on the Kree'la or hatchlings in Ratha sewers are also an option.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 03:13 PM CST
You could probably go straight to 2nd or even 3rd Tier snow goblins, depending on how many people are in there and what the spawn is like.

You might be close to the cap on hatchlings in 3.0. Your defenses should train, but your weapons might be slow.

I'd also check out River Sprites, depending on what buffs you use.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 07:53 PM CST
>>You might be close to the cap on hatchlings in 3.0. Your defenses should train, but your weapons might be slow.

I was going to suggest Hatchlings, but he's on the low end of them, not the high end. I've got 150(parry/evasion) to 170(shield)s in my defenses and they still hit me all the time(but never actually do any visible damage or drop below 90 vit) and 140s in my weapons and TM and they lock everything in minutes while giving me a minor beating.

As a Paladin with 108 locksmithing I can open their boxes if I do everything carefully, and they drop boxes like crazy. So if you don't care about skinning and don't want to make the trip to Aesry(with the two and a half hour wait on the hour long boat ride it can be a pain to get back and forth from Aesry) since it's so easy to get to Ratha via Fang Cove now I would suggest the Hatchlings on Ratha. If you do care about skinning I don't think any mob in the game beats the three tiers of Snow Goblins in that skill range for skinning AND lockpicking.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 07:59 PM CST

All very helpful. Thanks everyone.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 10:25 PM CST
>I was going to suggest Hatchlings, but he's on the low end of them, not the high end. I've got 150(parry/evasion) to 170(shield)s in my defenses and they still hit me all the time(but never actually do any visible damage or drop below 90 vit)

Huh, I was hunting them with 150s in defenses in Plat and my defenses were barely moving. And they appraised at "train poorly." Maybe I just had a low-skill group at first. I was surprised since I figured my experience would be more like yours. Maybe I'll have to give them another shot.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 10:38 PM CST
I'm talking about the Kra'hei Hatchlings on Ratha, by the way. I know there's Angiswaerd Hatchlings in Throne City but I've never hunted them so I don't know if they're higher or lower than the ones on Ratha and wanted to avoid any confusion.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/01/2013 11:00 PM CST
>Huh, I was hunting them with 150s in defenses in Plat and my defenses were barely moving. And they appraised at "train poorly." Maybe I just had a low-skill group at first. I was surprised since I figured my experience would be more like yours. Maybe I'll have to give them another shot.

Olson, are you playing a low-combat, high-circle, character, like a bard or trader? If you have high stats, that will make the appraisal's lower, I believe.

Note: this is not a plug for Genie or Elanthipedia or Mars Bars.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/02/2013 11:18 AM CST
>Olson, are you playing a low-combat, high-circle, character, like a bard or trader? If you have high stats, that will make the appraisal's lower, I believe.

Yep, I'm playing a bard. That would be it, then. Thanks.
Re: WTH: Moving on from gargoyles 02/02/2013 12:43 PM CST
Lang swamp trolls, river sprites on the south side of the Segoltha, and retch fiends off the top of my head. River sprites might be the best of the bunch.