Current skills:

Evasion: 149
MO: 138
Light Chain: 141
Shield: 130
Parry: 119

ME: 121
HE: 96

I'm planning on training up further weapons, but at this point I'm focusing on defense.

Silver Leucros spawn very slow and don't seem to move skills much, and Bawdy Swain will lock Evasion quickly but seem to drag on Light Chain and Shield (maybe I'm evading too much). I do well with Crocs, and I expect Gargs will probably still be decent. However, I'm looking for something new.

I need skinning for circling, so a skinnable critter is good. Boxes are a plus, too.

I'm currently in Ratha but willing to travel.

Thanks!
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 10:09 AM CST

Snow goblins over on Aesry perhaps? Three tiers of them similar to Brocket Deer, skins and boxes.
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 10:18 AM CST
Thanks - forgot about those. I've never been to Aesry, so maybe it is time to make a trip over.
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 10:50 AM CST
I love Aesry. It's very easy to get to from Ratha (there's usually a moonmage or two willing to pop open a gate) and it's great hunting in snoblins. Careful with bundling the skins, they're extremely heavy, but with skins, boxes, gems, you can make a fair amount of coin and get lots of climbing skill while you're there. I think I went there with 65 ranks in climbing and left with 200 just from climbing up and down the stairs to sell bundles, pouches, and make coin deposits.

Elvis has left the building.
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 11:04 AM CST
I am actually a moon mage that should be able to shift a beam and gate from Ratha... the trouble is, I don't have a K-gweth, so finding an anchor is the tricky part :)
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 11:09 AM CST
I can bring you a K gweth if you want one. Free of charge if you're willing to occasionally gate people from Ratha to Aesry. Let me know what your character name is and I'll hop on over.

Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 11:12 AM CST
>>I am actually a moon mage that should be able to shift a beam and gate from Ratha... the trouble is, I don't have a K-gweth, so finding an anchor is the tricky part :)

Dude... Make one. :-P

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 11:21 AM CST
I need the K-stones to make the K-gweth... that's been on my list of to-dos, but finding a K-gweth to buy is likely easier.

Thanks BLUESUEDESHOES... Tlegron is the character name. I'm more than happy to gate folks back and forth.
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 11:41 AM CST
>>Dude... Make one. :-P<<

Heh, I'm 112th circle and I've never made a gweth. I just buy them. I have no idea where to get the stones for them.

Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 11:45 AM CST
If you're evading too much, why not just stance down? I spend most of my time out of evasion stances just to make sure shield and parry lock. Stance down by 5-10% till you start blocking or parrying, save that as your shield/parry stance, adjust as needed.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 11:58 AM CST
Thanks again for the help, made it to Aesry!

I think the main issue I had with evasion is that I had sphere of protection and seer's sense at the same time. I've done the same before, but for some reason it seemed to slow my shield down (even though I was blocking with my shield occasionally). I did stance myself to shield, but obviously not enough. Thanks for the tip.
Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 12:03 PM CST
I usually don't hunt with SOP or seers up. I find that the evasion boost they give reduces my ability to learn shield and parry. When I check out a new hunting area or I'm thinking about moving up the ladder, I'll put seers up and make sure I've got my stances set properly, but once I settle in, I don't buff my evasion.

Re: Need help on WTH 12/26/2012 12:29 PM CST
Also, as a follow up, Snow Goblins are perfect so far.