Moss Meys 11/30/2012 05:19 PM CST
Do these critters swarm and drop boxes relatively frequently? Also, anything to note about hunting them? I'm at an average of 110 in defense/offense, and am thinking of hunting these near Leth to bridge up to being able to handle a mix of four gargoyles/snowbeasts. The advantage with these over snowbeasts in the Gash is that Moss Meys drop boxes.
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 05:28 PM CST
>Also, anything to note about hunting them?

You need a blessed weapon to hit them.
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 05:40 PM CST
Thanks - do blessed weapons function like charged items, and can I focus on them to see the remaining charges?

Also, will a moonblade work instead?
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 06:26 PM CST
only clerics and paladins can focus on them to see remaining charges for blessed weapons.

and I'm not sure that moonblades would work on moss meys, depends whether you can get a moonblade blessed or not if you're holding it and the cleric "blesses" you.

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 07:48 PM CST
Is there a message when a weapon loses its blessing, and without a blessing does it mean the Moss Meys can't be harmed?
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 08:31 PM CST
Meys are ghosts. Non-corporeal undead. They have strong magic resistance, a special attack, and require a blessed weapon to hit.

If a weapon is not blessed it will pass right through them (that's the message), dealing no damage. You will still be able to defend with shields/parry/etc. as normal but won't be able to hit them. Clerics, and some rare quest items, can convey a bless. Bless has charges. Each hit uses one charge. You will know you've used one because the hit message will include a segment similar to 'weapon flares with a brilliant white light'.

Over all, if you are not a cleric (you're a ranger I believe) Meys are way more hassle than they're worth, blesses will come in around 100ish strikes for a normal cleric (ranging up to 150-200) but, still, you'll be unable to do anything when you run out, and won't be able to check your own strikes remaining.

I think gargs are in the same range and drop boxes, aren't they? And are skinnable. I haven't hunted gargs in forever.

If you're willing to move around there are other critters in the range that are great and will drop boxes/skin.

I've noticed you're trying very hard to stay near Crossings, but there comes a point in DR where you're forced to move out. It's deliberate game design.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 08:36 PM CST
i think the OP was a moonmage <asked whether a moon blade would hit them>. but the rest is true. you'd honestly be better off hunting gargs. the ones near fayrin's rest are pretty good training, plus you have climbing nearby to train too. <if you run thru red leucros you can get to yvvh la'tami>

An arisen dummy zombie bellows, "You will all be ssslaughtered!"
>
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 08:50 PM CST
Thanks... yes a moon mage. The gargs/snowbeast area is good, and I was on Ratha hunting Sand Sprites then Leucros before I came back to Ilithi. I like the gargs b/c I can skin and get boxes, although the box dropping is relatively rare.

Thanks again!
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 09:05 PM CST
If you want boxes, give the traders in Muspar'i a try. They're a lot of fun.
Re: Moss Meys 11/30/2012 11:17 PM CST
Same range, graverobbers in Ain. Great hunting if you don't use ranged, they have a little 'snatch stuff off the ground' special.

Re: Moss Meys 12/01/2012 01:22 PM CST
Looks good, thanks all. The traders and graverobbers look like they might be fun.

How long is the skiff ride to Ain? Comparable to the Crossing/Leth ferry, or maybe the Zoluren/Riverhaven ferry?

Also, how does one get to Muspar'i? Isn't that through a route up north of Theren? I'm currently in Ilithi with the snowies and gargs... if there is a faster route, that'd be great.

Thanks again... I know I have had a bunch of questions since coming back to DR.
Re: Moss Meys 12/01/2012 02:35 PM CST
Skiff ride is a few minutes, I think. Slower than the Ferries, but not by a huge margin. I've never found it horrible, and I complain about everything.

Re: Moss Meys 12/01/2012 10:14 PM CST
Thanks again. Is it a pretty far trip to the nearest empath clinic from graverobbers?
Re: Moss Meys 12/01/2012 10:33 PM CST
> Thanks again. Is it a pretty far trip to the nearest empath clinic from graverobbers?

Either Hib or Shard I believe. Hib takes maybe 5 minutes, if you have to wait on the ferry. It's not a long run. And if you die on the island you come back on the island.