treasure dropping critters 09/10/2012 02:03 PM CDT
What in the 100-150 range drops treasure maps? I've still never found one. I've been kicking away at bawdy swains for a while, recently, figuring their box-drop rate would up my chances, but no dice, and I'm beginning to feel left out :(
Re: treasure dropping critters 09/10/2012 02:25 PM CDT
>>What in the 100-150 range drops treasure maps? I've still never found one.

Anything that drops treasure from what is thought of as the junk/random/special hopper drops maps.

Here's a simple test to see if something drops from that hopper. If you can find any of the following when looting critters, you can find maps:
1) runes
2) herbs
3) random articles of clothing
4) glowing iron fragments, skeleton parts, machine parts (although the latter stopped dropping at the end of last HE, the other HE drops still show up)
5) keyblanks, iron slugs, hilts
6) scrolls

If you find those things on critters, you can find maps.

>>I've been kicking away at bawdy swains for a while, recently, figuring their box-drop rate would up my chances, but no dice

While you can find maps in boxes, I don't think you have a better chance of finding a map in a box than out of a box.

>>I'm beginning to feel left out :(

Don't! The important thing is to not try and really want to get them, or else you'll be continually disappointed. You'll also be surprised where maps turn up! Just as a reference point, two of the maps I found were from silverfish, when I was hunting in Crossing Sewers to train boxes. It wasn't like I was proactively hunting silverfish, but they were just what my character happened to face next/kill when trying to get boxes off of thugs/cutthroats/ruffians. If anything, I was expecting the maps to be in those!

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: treasure dropping critters 09/10/2012 07:28 PM CDT
I had found two maps on Swamp Trolls, so definitely in that range.
Re: treasure dropping critters 09/12/2012 12:43 PM CDT
>>two of the maps I found were from silverfish,

Heh heh. The idea of a silverfish hunting for buried treasure amuses me.

Thanks for the tips/advice/goodwill.