Low level constructs? 01/30/2011 09:41 PM CST
At the meeting the other day I thought someone said (I was more certain but I'm starting to doubt myself) that there is a hunting ground near dirge with low level origami constructs. I've had a look around but can't find this. Does it exist and if so how can I get there?
Re: Low level constructs? 01/30/2011 10:21 PM CST
...someone was lying or wrong.

Origami constructs so far have been invasion only.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 05:41 AM CST
The lowest level constructs are boggles in the stile maze down in Shard. They'll teach from 25 to 60 and spawn with goblins, kobolds, and jackals.

Syllanthis
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 07:27 AM CST
This is the part of the meeting that brought up this question (I've edited out the bits that aren't relevant to this specifically)

Itala asks, "Creatures below boggles? And boggles being seperated from from the other things in with them down in Shard?"
Itala says, "Especially that first one."
Lyneya says, "The origami figures are lower."
Itala asks, "Where's the origami stuff at?"
Lyneya says, "And by themselves in their area."
Itala says, "I thought they were invasion only."
Lyneya says, "Near Dirge."
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 01:44 PM CST
Huh. Interesting.

I hate to call a GM wrong, but I've only heard about them as invasion creatures.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 01:57 PM CST
Unreleased hunting area maybe? Something that's been released in Plat but not in Prime yet?
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 02:18 PM CST
Possibly an area that people don't go to very often, so people haven't generally noticed it? I know I was a bit surprised when I tried going up the Greater Fist just for the sake of exploration and ran into stone-throwing imps near the top of the track. Could be another area like that, where as far as Elanthipedia knows there isn't anything there. (And yes, I realize I probably should have noted something on there myself. I keep putting off going and figuring out how to do it properly.)

- Miskton
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 09:22 PM CST
just opened a little south of the track to Darkstone.
Origami Paper Mill.

"like POWERHAUS said"
- GM Solomon
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 09:44 PM CST
Thank you Powerhaus. I'll go and have another look for it. Sounds like a fun alternative.
Re: Low level constructs? 01/31/2011 10:16 PM CST
My empath killed an origami sprite while I was training defenses in gryphons tonight. Very odd to see one flying around.

A white origami hat flies in on an errant breeze, looking strangely hostile for a piece of folded paper.

A silver origami sprite flies in on an errant breeze, looking strangely hostile for a piece of folded paper.

A white origami hat slices a single-folded edge of its body at you. You evade.

attack sprite

You kick your foot at a silver origami sprite. A silver origami sprite attempts to evade.
The foot lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
The origami sprite stops moving, the magic that powered it unable to keep up with the assault. It flutters to the ground, now nothing more than a crumpled piece of origami paper.

some crumpled origami paper which appears dead

Funny.

NMUs are not people. -GM Armifer
Re: Low level constructs? 02/01/2011 05:07 AM CST
On my way back from Shard to Lang last night, they were all over the NTR near Dirge. I saw a boggle or two as well. Not sure if that was an invasion type thing or 'normal' for that area now.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!