Rats question 07/09/2010 06:29 AM CDT
Lately I've been raising a matched set of Bards. One in prime, one in plat. Same weapons/armor/enchantes/stats/etc. as near as I can (Okay, the plat one was first so I'm correcting some minor mistakes, such as not neglecting a couple skills).

This's my first prime character in a number of years, and I was just wondering, do rats have a lower soft cap in prime?

In plat, I've always been able to take rats easily to 20ish ranks, but in prime even with 4-5 pounding on me I didn't seem to be getting more than 2-3 of 34 in defenses.

I figure it's something else I was doing, but I thought it was curious and couldn't figure out what I was doing differently.
Re: Rats question 07/09/2010 07:28 AM CDT
its not a critter difference. theres a learning bonus in plat. i noticed it myself when i made my necros <same race> in both places. although the prime one had a very good head start <had been a commoner for years, as opposed to only a couple of months for the plat girl, and had better "teachers" for various skills>, i was quickly able to pass her by with my plat character once i got them to identical stats around 15th circle or so. I performed tests with them both fighting the same critter at the same time <they are on 2 different accounts>, and the plat girl just learned faster.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: Rats question 07/09/2010 08:24 AM CDT
>theres a learning bonus in plat.

I'm going to need to see a GM post/confirmation of this. The two instances are at least nominally supposed to be the same.

Nothing personal Gonif.
Re: Rats question 07/09/2010 08:33 AM CDT
>its not a critter difference. theres a learning bonus in plat. i noticed it myself when i made my necros

IIRC we had some changes in Plat at that time that hadn't been put into Prime yet.

To Krooner's point, while I have avoided ship rats in both instances, I haven't noticed that much of a difference recently between a Plat and Prime start for the same race and guild.

Asbhuan