Comp bow vs. louts/gobs 06/02/2010 09:07 PM CDT
Allright, I'm missing something here.

25 ranks in Comp bow, 13 in agi/ref. Louts don't teach worth crap (I was missing with full aim at only 20 ranks). But I can hit and learn (slowly) in scavenger gobs/large hogs.

Snap fires on louts miss 100% of the time. What do I need to do to learn this skill?

And yes, I know, haha CB, but I was bored and found one laying around so I picked it up for my nooblet. Now I'm irritated that I can't train it well.

This is with no armor, stance evasion 100 (40+ ranks in evasion so I dodge both easily)
Re: Comp bow vs. louts/gobs 06/02/2010 09:29 PM CDT
IIRC, 25 ranks is pretty close to the cap of what the louts will teach. You'll need different prey.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Comp bow vs. louts/gobs 06/03/2010 02:29 AM CDT
It's really weird that you're missing so much on a critter (louts) that you have capped or have come close to capping.

My brainstorm: Could it be that your agility is too low? It's been a while since I've worked that low in terms of stats. Is there any chance you could try with some player made arrows? May7be the damage output isn't enough.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.-Inauri
Re: Comp bow vs. louts/gobs 06/03/2010 12:29 PM CDT
Relatively speaking, snap shots work worst with composite bows. They tend to have lower balance, and coupled with your low agility, you're really going to benefit from aim time.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Comp bow vs. louts/gobs 06/03/2010 05:22 PM CDT
>Relatively speaking, snap shots work worst with composite bows. They tend to have lower balance, and coupled with your low agility, you're really going to benefit from aim time.

Was just trying different options. I seemed to have gone from 'can't hit with full aim' direct to 'not teaching worth a darn', which is why I was so confused.

Especially since I didn't seem to notice the problem with brawling, HE/HB, or offhand.