S'lai Scouts 02/13/2010 12:35 PM CST
So I am trying to find something new to go after with skills in the upper 30's and 40's, and Elanthipedia has these guys listed right in that range. Skinning and boxes also sound great, so I figured I would give them a shot. Except...I can't figure out how to GET to them. I can't seem to figure out how to get to Sorrow's Reach (yes, using the map to search for the path too, doesn't seem to work with mid 40's perception).

Any ideas?
Re: S'lai Scouts 02/13/2010 12:41 PM CST
>>doesn't seem to work with mid 40's perception

Nope. I had 70s and was getting rare hits on the path. 80s was still not a sure thing, but it was more frequently successful. It is a good area though, so look into guild perception boosts, CJs, or other means to boost perception.

Survival enthusiasts or those interested in backtraining would probably get the most use out of it. I did my primary training there on my necro. I held off combat until the initial shock of the guild suddenly appearing wore off.

It's a lovely area, very quiet. Large number of rooms. I also made a fortune on boxes and bundles.

They fit several niche roles very nicely.

You wave your hand through the mist of the fountain and rub the wetness between your fingertips.
Rivalin says, "Yep, it's water."
Re: S'lai Scouts 02/13/2010 03:34 PM CST
My ranger could search out the path with 35 perception, but maybe rangers get a significant bonus. They're a fun creature now that the screamers don't randomly own you while you're hunting there. They also frequently fall over in the mud, which is hilarious.
Re: S'lai Scouts 02/13/2010 03:57 PM CST
>> They also frequently fall over in the mud, which is hilarious

Gidii still have no competition for that category.

I always smiled over the Scouts actions when you hide on them. Their first instinct after losing track of a 6 foot tall opponent is to kick over and look under small rocks.

Also of note, if you like to hunt with a party and enjoy a little RP, the terrain around the area is pretty nice. Waterfalls, circles, a cave, and a few long trails.

You wave your hand through the mist of the fountain and rub the wetness between your fingertips.
Rivalin says, "Yep, it's water."
Re: S'lai Scouts 06/24/2010 02:48 AM CDT
So I want to find this path to S'lai scouts to try out the wir dinego that are beyond them. I undoubtedly have enough perception for them, yet the path is seemingly invisible. What's going on here?
Re: S'lai Scouts 06/24/2010 12:06 PM CDT
Perhaps praying for guidance would be helpful, then again kneeling gives a different perspective.