Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/07/2018 01:05 AM CST
The overwhelming majority of the time when fighting Goblin Shamans, I see messages that there's a fizzling sound which, I believe, indicates that their spell fails. Is this intentional? Or should they be successfully casting more frequently?

__
"Technically correct" is the worst kind of correct.
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/07/2018 07:49 AM CST
Do you have Ethereal Shield up, or some sort of magic barrier that affects potency? It's possible you are causing the spell to fail.
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/07/2018 10:21 AM CST
Lower level critters cast spells as poorly as low level players do.

Honestly, it seems like certain (often low level) magic using critters appear to try casting at an amount that still risks them screwing up due to RNG/dumb luck or running out of attunement.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/07/2018 06:00 PM CST
Critter AI is very, very bad.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/07/2018 07:38 PM CST
No, I'm not using any protective spells.

__
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/07/2018 09:12 PM CST

Are you giving them nerve damage (EE / LB / MB ), fatigue damage (Aban / lethargy), attunement damage (Aban), or vitality damage (general wounds) that would increase the difficulty of the spells they're trying to cast? Are they casting spells that had a difficulty shift between 3.0 and 3.1? Do they ever get the spells off?
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/08/2018 07:35 PM CST
>Are you giving them nerve damage (EE / LB / MB ), fatigue damage (Aban / lethargy), attunement damage (Aban), or vitality damage (general wounds) that would increase the difficulty of the spells they're trying to cast? Are they casting spells that had a difficulty shift between 3.0 and 3.1? Do they ever get the spells off?

I'm not doing anything to them out of the ordinary - per se. I can have a group of goblins beating on Saaqib, and the shaman will be casting spells and rarely getting them off.

__
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/09/2018 07:18 AM CST
The poor goblin shamans have some fixes on the way.

But yes, creature casters aren't very smart in general. :/

GM Grejuva
Re: Goblin Shamans's Spell Fizzles 03/09/2018 10:17 AM CST
>>But yes, creature casters aren't very smart in general. :/<<

I get a kick when sand sprites cast tingle at me when there is nothing in my hands.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game