Between eels and blood wolves 03/31/2015 05:50 PM CDT
Playing a thief, so no barrier spells to make the transition to a new hunting ground not suck.

Eels don't teach. Blood wolves in Lang destroy my character (literally, every attack hits, for 5-10% health, it's not an option). I don't want to waste a week going to Ratha to find out sand sprites are also too hard to hunt under 3.1 after eels without some magic barrier mechanic.

Beisswurms are worthless, same problem rats and eels have now. I spent 5-10 minutes just standing in there, one person had 3 wurms constantly and I saw no others in the area.

Very frustrated. Don't care if I can skin it, backstab it, or box it, just want to progress.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 03/31/2015 06:04 PM CDT
I always did Beisswurms to fill the gap and they swarm so should come in packs of 2 or 3, but unless there are a few people in there spawn was always a bit slow. It helps to not kill all of them but leave one on you for a bit sometimes.

You could try bone wolves down in leth to fill the gap. Or have you tried rock trolls? If the ones on the NTR are too easy the ones south of shard are slightly harder I hear and might fill the gap and be backstab-able.

Or maybe the new vipers in sunfell? Or Faenrae reavers on the NTR?

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 03/31/2015 06:11 PM CDT
Recently, I have gone from eels to reavers to bucca or vipers.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 03/31/2015 06:14 PM CDT
Have you tried rocky outcrop blood wolves in Zoluren West of the Crossing? They're easier than Therengian blood wolves.
Cave bears in Stone Clan?
Copperhead vipers or malodorous bucca in Sunfall Hub?
Arbelogs or Dusk Ogres in Riverhaven?

I'm guessing your skills are >50 <90.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 03/31/2015 06:31 PM CDT
Sand Sprites

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 03/31/2015 08:59 PM CDT
I was loathe to spend the time traveling to sprites (I mean, yes, it's only about an hour now with the super-mammoth, but still), but it looks like they will work.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 03/31/2015 09:23 PM CDT
<<I was loathe to spend the time traveling to sprites (I mean, yes, it's only about an hour now with the super-mammoth, but still), but it looks like they will work.

I think the new copperhead vipers in Sunfell hub are supposed to be a copy of sprites without the magic. Might want to try them first before heading all the way out to Ratha. If not them, then the bucca in the same area might work.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 04/01/2015 12:19 AM CDT
Reavers then Crossing blood wolves should get you prepared for Theren wolves. I typically go to beisswurms, but reavers should be a decent replacement.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 04/01/2015 07:04 AM CDT
>I think the new copperhead vipers in Sunfell hub are supposed to be a copy of sprites without the magic

The release notes said 'around' sprite difficulty. And the page has them 10-20 ranks harder. They are most certainly not a copy of sprites.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 04/01/2015 08:54 AM CDT
<<The release notes said 'around' sprite difficulty. And the page has them 10-20 ranks harder. They are most certainly not a copy of sprites.

Much of the discussion I've heard from some F2P players are that vipers are easier than the bucca. So I don't know what to believe about them, other than to say try them.

Nikpack
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/20/2015 09:31 PM CDT
I am having a similar problem as an Empath. Eels gang up on me and I learn nothing. I tried Beisswurms but they hit too hard. What is there in between? I've read through some of the other posts here and will try what they suggest (if I can find everything). Any other ideas and locations for where to go after eels? I have about 49 in Evasion (which is what I'm trying to train here). Thanks!
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/20/2015 09:37 PM CDT

Are eels still training parry and shield? Do you have a burden?
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/20/2015 09:39 PM CDT
Shield moves very slowly, but it moves. Evasion stays at dabbling. I do have heavy burden I believe (hey a girl has to have her stuff right)? Thank you for asking!
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/20/2015 09:39 PM CDT
If it has to be in Zoluren, this is from the bestiary:

Cougar, out the west gate, teach from 39-65
Bobcats, west gate, 45-80
Wind hounds & Feanrae reavers from about 45-75
Bone wolves (south of Leth) 45-70
Scavenger goblins should keep teaching till 60

If you can leave Zoluren, sand sprites would be great (they use terrible little knives)
Blood wolves would be tolerable, but probably similar or worse than wurms.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/20/2015 09:46 PM CDT
Thank you for the info! I will give them a try. Much appreciated.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/20/2015 11:17 PM CDT

Origami Critters.
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/21/2015 01:05 AM CDT
Reavers and hounds teach to 60, and then beisswurms, or bucca would work.

Not GENT
Re: Between eels and blood wolves 05/21/2015 08:28 AM CDT

> heavy burden

Find a way to move to that burden to a vault or a friend and I bet you'll have no problem standing alone in beissworms.