Goblin shaman much tougher now 01/24/2013 05:54 PM CST

don't know if it is the magic or just a general uptweak but they are much tougher now. with defenses in the mid 30s and shield stance set eels were barely brushing me but two shaman roasted my thief in under two minutes. Multiple burns each attack. I could not hide or retreat on them with 50 stealth.

Trollkins and wood trolls are a much safer bridge to duskies now
Re: Goblin shaman much tougher now 01/24/2013 06:46 PM CST
>don't know if it is the magic or just a general uptweak but they are much tougher now. with defenses in the mid 30s and shield stance set eels were barely brushing me but two shaman roasted my thief in under two minutes. Multiple burns each attack. I could not hide or retreat on them with 50 stealth.

Their magic skills are out of whack. If you have a warding ability, great.

If not, find something else. Sad, but true. If you do the Crossings route, field goblins take you to eels, which take you to wurms, whereupon you can do sand sprites. Goblin boxes will move you to 50s, and at that point you can do sprite boxes with some hassle.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Goblin shaman much tougher now 01/28/2013 07:29 PM CST
It's a similar story with the Young Cave Trolls in Hib. Their physical attacks couldn't touch me, and mine were hurting them pretty bad. But then they brought out the Stone Strike.

I dropped from 100% vitality to 30% in 4 casts (there were 2 trolls, so each troll only cast twice) - maybe 30-40 seconds total.

I managed to escape, but then had to tend out the 7 lodged shards that were starting to do fairly nasty pulsing damage.

TL;DR - Any critters that cast multi-shot spells are now rather powerful - more so than their combat ability and appraisal would indicate.