Low level stupid question 11/08/2011 11:07 AM CST
What's after rats now? Skinable preferred, badgers and pots are what I used to use, but they're tearing the guy up and rats are capped out. Oh, and near crossings.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Low level stupid question 11/08/2011 11:19 AM CST
musk hogs out the west gate of crossing? I don't think goblins walk around that path to tiger clan/the brook anymore.
Re: Low level stupid question 11/08/2011 12:22 PM CST
Musk hogs to 35-40. Then goblins/large musk hogs also right there. For goblins, from west gate: w,w,nw,w,w,nw,w,n,n,nw,ne,ne. That should put you there. Ride them to 45-50, and you'll be set for eels. Should be good from there.
Re: Low level stupid question 11/08/2011 03:03 PM CST
Personally I would do hogs and then switch to poths/badgers around 25-30 ranks. Hogs do teach in that area, but poorly.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Low level stupid question 11/08/2011 06:56 PM CST
My favorite is frogs outside haven. I know it's not crossing, but I like them better.

You're a moon mage: death should come as no surprise.
Re: Low level stupid question 11/08/2011 07:23 PM CST
Aren't louts skinnable?

I know their counterpart (Goblin Zombies) in Haven are.

Also, goblins in haven are what I always went to right after rats.
Re: Low level stupid question 11/08/2011 08:28 PM CST
>Aren't louts skinnable?

Louts are essentially humans in the Slade, so nope, not skinnable (and before someone in particular comes in and hoots about it, yes, necros can learn skinning there, thank you).

So far as suggestions I see:
Hogs (only tried 'em briefly, but I'm guessing someone was spawnhogging, I got 1 hog in 30 minutes)
Goblins
Badgers/pots (...already killed me once, which is the reason for the post sadface)
Frogs (Haven, boohiss)

Anyone had luck just going straight to eels? I used to use orchard gobs to jump past rats, but blah on the new hunting scheme. Learning new stuff sucks.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Low level stupid question 11/09/2011 10:28 AM CST
i've gone rats/ hogs/ boars <east of haven by the pierwalk>, eels. skipped goblins altogether.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: Low level stupid question 11/10/2011 02:10 PM CST
Origami creatures are great for learning in that range; no skin, but teach absurdly well for a fairly long time, better than eels I would say. I went to hogs after rats myself, I can usually get 2-3 on me if I don't kill them too quickly, try moving around if they don't want to spawn where you are. If I recall correctly, I think the boars in the hunting preserve may be just a bit tougher than pothanits. The gobs and gob shamen nearby might work.

< You throw a massive lumium shard at a beisswurm. A beisswurm attempts to evade. The shard lands a harmless blow to the beisswurm's abdomen.
Re: Low level stupid question 11/12/2011 07:09 AM CST

Rats to Goblin Zombies (haven) to Goblin Forager/Scavengers to Grubs and Burrowers to Eels
Re: Low level stupid question 12/24/2011 11:31 PM CST
You might look at the doom squirrels outside Arthe Dale too; While undead, they are corpereal undead. They seem to teach a while after the rats stop. One word of caution; Use a shield. The squirrels throw acorns.

Good luck!

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Low level stupid question 01/10/2012 03:49 PM CST
A little late to the conversation, but someone else might find this useful.

I use the same progression for all low-level characters, and have trained dozens of new characters using it:

rats
hogs
large hogs/foragers
goblins/shamans
boars
eels
reavers/hounds (for boxes)
beisswurms
cave bears (up to 80 ranks)

The ladder splits at this point. I go to Ratha for boxes, blood wolves for skinning. You might find this doesn't suit your needs, but it has been solid for me for many many characters!

GENT
Re: Low level stupid question 01/10/2012 10:38 PM CST
I'd go

Rats
Hogs
Gobs
Eels
Sand sprites
Blood wolves
Silver leucs / Ratha
Deer

This is the easiest progression in my mind, boxes/skinning regardless.
Re: Low level stupid question 01/11/2012 01:10 AM CST
I'm a big fan of poths/badgers, which I think slot in just after hogs.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Low level stupid question 01/11/2012 08:08 AM CST
since they put in the serpent <alone> area east of riverhaven, i've been going there with lower characters. So i hit bloodwolves, snowbeasts <gash>, serpents, then deer.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Low level stupid question 01/11/2012 08:47 AM CST

rats
hogs
gobs
grubs (tunnel under the Manor)
eels
sprites
bone wolves
Bloodwolves/Caiman
Snowbeast
Snobs