Empath Hunting 12/10/2020 09:50 AM CST
So I am at point where I have to go shock to continue hunting.
Most skills barely moving in Head-splitters, tried Telga Oreks and they are not feasable without higher defenses.

Is there a critter I am missing that would fill the gap until Oreks ?

can't role-play a good Empath out to rid the world of undead and constructs when there are gaps like this.
Re: Empath Hunting 12/10/2020 10:05 AM CST
>>Is there a critter I am missing that would fill the gap until Oreks ?

Unfortunately, short of spending some $$$ so you can fight mechanical mice, there does seem to be a gap: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Empath_hunting_ladder#Constructs_and_Undead

You may need to train defenses on living mobs before moving to hunting oreks.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Empath Hunting 12/11/2020 03:40 AM CST
For weapons, resuscitants should bridge the gap between head-splitters and oreks.

You'll probably need to have a second hunting area to work evasion, armour et al.

DP Assassins -> Intercessors are handy for that.
Re: Empath Hunting 12/11/2020 12:29 PM CST
Have you tried Xala'shar?
Re: Empath Hunting 12/20/2020 05:31 PM CST
I noticed this thread after posting in the 750-1000 critter folder. I second this notion, the gap between head-splitters and oreks is just so nasty. Asking someone to train defenses for months on end, and neglecting weapons shouldn't be the solution.