Blade Spider Special Attacks 08/10/2015 08:57 PM CDT
I was running through the blade spider area while I was practicing my climbing and I got insta-webbed and poisoned. I realize that in new combat no one is ever invulnerable, but it seems kinda crazy that this happened so quickly. Do these special attacks have skill checks?

Relevant Skills/Stats:
817 evasion, 721 shield, 99 + reflex (buffed by capped PHP), no burden, minimal armor hinderance.

Log:
[automapper]: climb cascade

You also see a meander at the top of the cascade and a dark tunnel carved high into the wall overhead.
Obvious exits: east, southwest, out.

Mapped exits: climb dark tunnel, climb meander
[automapper]: east
[automapper]: southeast
The air is filled with the sound of furious chittering and a net of webbing drops from above!

You are caught in the webs as they settle over you!

A giant blade spider drops in from above you, dangling from a thick cord of silken webbing.

The spider lands before you, flailing its sword-bladed forelegs and snapping its barbed mandibles!
The air is filled with the sound of furious chittering and a net of webbing drops from above!

A giant blade spider drops in from above you, dangling from a thick cord of silken webbing.

The spider lands next to you, flailing its sword-bladed forelegs and snapping its barbed mandibles!

You can't do that while entangled in a web.

climb large opening

The blade spider deftly employs its barbed mandibles to pierce the surface of your skin and injects you with venom!

The world seems to blur a moment.
Re: Blade Spider Special Attacks 08/13/2015 08:48 AM CDT
Special attacks that enjoy levels of success just for connecting are...frustrating right now. Not terribly long ago I died in Shalswar with 100+ reflex and 1200+ shield due to getting put the sleep and lit on fire in about a second. Lesson learned. Some of the really out of whack ones have been touched up already luckily.

Samsaren
Re: Blade Spider Special Attacks 08/13/2015 12:00 PM CDT
Add the steam attack Oshu do to this list. AFAIK you can only block it with ES.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Blade Spider Special Attacks 09/12/2015 03:22 PM CDT
<<Special attacks that enjoy levels of success just for connecting are...frustrating right now. Not terribly long ago I died in Shalswar with 100+ reflex and 1200+ shield due to getting put the sleep and lit on fire in about a second. Lesson learned. Some of the really out of whack ones have been touched up already luckily.

I'm sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that's very funny.

Those shalswar special attacks are out of whack though.

I've never been poisoned by blade spiders. I get insta-webbed when running through there all the time, but no poison.