Critter Generation 07/17/2013 09:41 AM CDT
It seems that not enough critters are being generated. I've noticed how some people sit in one room and allow critters to pile up. They don't kill them, and it seems like few if any other critters are generated with four on them. In some cases I've run across characters that are asleep and only wake up some time after I've passed by trying to get their attention. I'm reluctant to report someone who is AFK, even if it is against policy, but I'm getting sick of running into such practices.

Frankly, if a character needs four critters on them to train defenses (milking critters for every drop), maybe it's time for these characters to move on to something bigger and allow other players whose characters "fit" into that critter's level range to hunt (and kill) them properly.

How is critter generation supposed to work, anyway?
Re: Critter Generation 07/17/2013 09:44 AM CDT
>>In some cases I've run across characters that are asleep and only wake up some time after I've passed by trying to get their attention. I'm reluctant to report someone who is AFK, even if it is against policy, but I'm getting sick of running into such practices.

Killing their mobs solves the issue imo. If they're really afk it won't matter to them and if they're not you'll force them to explain why they're hogging the spawn and maybe converse your way into an understanding that lets you use the hunting ground too.
Re: Critter Generation 07/17/2013 10:04 AM CDT
>Frankly, if a character needs four critters on them to train defenses (milking critters for every drop), maybe it's time for these characters to move on to something bigger and allow other players whose characters "fit" into that critter's level range to hunt (and kill) them properly.

Unfortunately, moving up the creature ladder isn't always cut and dry. I've been at a few points where I've soft/hard capped weapons and magic, but didn't have the defense to move to the next hunting ground without sustaining wounds quickly. Follow Apatheticsmile's recommendation, if they're afk you can always just take over their room.
Re: Critter Generation 07/18/2013 04:52 PM CDT
>> Unfortunately, moving up the creature ladder isn't always cut and dry. I've been at a few points where I've soft/hard capped weapons and magic, but didn't have the defense to move to the next hunting ground without sustaining wounds quickly. Follow Apatheticsmile's recommendation, if they're afk you can always just take over their room.

^

Intercessors are like taking a running leap over the grand canyon if you're moving from Assassins at the 'suggested' level.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Critter Generation 07/18/2013 10:01 PM CDT
You will find people dancing in almost any hunting ground you go to, and there's a ton of hunting areas that are almost unuseable because of this. Basically if spawn is not "turned to 11", you will run into spawn issues. Almost just have to get used to it, until you hit those high spawn critters.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons