Creature Unaffected by Bleeding 07/05/2019 08:29 AM CDT
I had a Xala'shar slayer beating on a Xala'shar archimage for a while, and then my Manipulation ended. When I re-established it, the slayer went after a different creature instead, leaving the archimage in the following battered and bloodied state:

You see a hulking Xala'shar archimage.
The Xala'shar archimage has minor swelling and bruising around the neck compounded by cuts and bruises about the neck, minor swelling and bruising around the right arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the right arm, minor swelling and bruising around the left arm compounded by cuts and bruises about the left arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right leg with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by a broken right leg with gaping holes, a severely swollen and shattered left leg which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a left leg, a severely swollen and deeply bruised right hand compounded by deep cuts across the right hand, faint scuffing to the left hand, minor swelling and bruising in the chest area compounded by cuts and bruises about the chest area, severely swollen and bruised abdomen compounded by deep slashes across the abdomen, a severely swollen and deeply bruised back with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by gaping holes in the back.
The Xala'shar archimage is bleeding with widespread discoloration in the abdomen, from the abdomen, with widespread discoloration and rigidity in the left leg, with widespread discoloration in the back, badly from the back, with widespread discoloration in the right leg, from the right leg, profusely from the left leg and slightly from the right hand.
It is wearing some filthy bandages, some deeply hooded black robes hung with a web of golden chains.
It is carrying a spiraling oak staff topped with a large uncut bloodgem.

Of particular note, look at all the bleeding. I would have thought that it would succumb to those injuries in relatively short order (I want to say it was "very beat up" or something when the slayer stopped attacking it, but I didn't record that bit). I happened to be using that particular archimage for my appraisal training at the time, and noticed that its vitality was actually improving over time despite the many bleeding injuries. It eventually got back up to full health, and never dropped back down at all. So it wasn't just that its vitality recovery outpaced the loss from bleeding; the bleeding wasn't causing any vitality reduction at all. I don't know if this issue would be specific to this particular creature or more general.

A careful appraisal reveals that "The archimage appears immune to cold, all poisons and electricity." I wonder if maybe the poison immunity is erroneously keeping it from being affected by bleeding too?

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Creature Unaffected by Bleeding 07/05/2019 06:47 PM CDT
<<I don't know if this issue would be specific to this particular creature or more general.

I regularly have creatures die from bleeding or vitality loss, so it's a thing at least. They'll often just drop dead between attacks/spells without a direct command from me causing it.

Could it be that they have so much vitality and/or regeneration that they're healing more than the bleeding? I know from experience that before hodierna's lilt was nerfed it was possible to outpace a couple of limbs blown off from sorcery bleeders with it and that was only with 40 stamina or so at the time. That looks to be about 6 bad to severe bleeders and 2 profuse, so it's not inconceivable they might be outpacing the bleeding just by virtue of their stats, and the only reason they were that low in vitality to begin with was from the vitality damage at the moment of impact.
Re: Creature Unaffected by Bleeding 07/05/2019 07:00 PM CDT
<<Could it be that they have so much vitality and/or regeneration that they're healing more than the bleeding?>>

That occurred to me, but I don't think so. I think only 100% vitality shows up as "Healthy", right? And as soon as they're missing any whatsoever they're "slightly battered"? Once it got back up to full health that never dropped, and I was checking pretty frequently.

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Creature Unaffected by Bleeding 07/07/2019 03:51 AM CDT
I had a similar thing happen with one of the mini-boss monsters from Beyond the Barrier. I forget their name, but it's towards the end of the quest, they show up and wander around the forest area near the barrier opening (inside the barrier).

For fun, i chopped off both left and right legs. When looking at them, they were clearly stumps, but never bled out and if i knocked them over, they could still stand up (with 1 or both legs chopped off). I had to finish them off by attacking their chest mainly, but thought i would bring it up. it's partially on topic.
Re: Creature Unaffected by Bleeding 08/30/2019 07:39 PM CDT
Little late, but by any chance, was there a magus nearby? The Xala'shar magus has an ability that will fully heal any vitality/spirit loss of any other wounded xala'shar nearby. Leaves the wounds, but stops them from bleeding out.

If not that, I'm not sure at a quick glance. Xala'shar share mechs across several scripts. I'm still reviewing them for future tweaks/standardizing.

Zadraes
Re: Creature Unaffected by Bleeding 08/30/2019 07:43 PM CDT
Nope, there was no magus present. The areas are pretty effectively separated, and I've never seen creatures cross the thresholds. Thanks for looking into it!

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor
Re: Creature Unaffected by Bleeding 09/01/2019 07:21 AM CDT
I did think of something that may or may not be helpful though. When the Xala'shar were first released, some of them were erroneously set as undead. I don't know if that applies to these particular ones or not, but is it possible that they were accidentally set as a type of undead that doesn't bleed (skeletal or something, maybe?) and there's still a wire crossed somewhere applying that property to them even though they're otherwise alive?

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor