Re: Mechanical Mice and Brawling 04/11/2018 04:29 AM CDT
They don't teach defenses at all.
I think this had been fixed once before, but it's broken again.

R>app mouse careful
You are certain that the mechanical mouse is healthy.
You are certain that the mechanical mouse is slightly fatigued.
You are certain that it is about as strong as you are.
You are certain that it is about as agile as you are.
You are certain that it is about as disciplined as you are.
You are certain that it is about as quick to react as you are.
You are certain that it is about as conditioned as you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a puffy-white targe sealed with protective wax and a haledroth falchion, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is a very easy opponent. (-8)
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a haledroth falchion, you are certain that the mechanical mouse is well beneath your abilities. (-7)
If you attacked with a haledroth falchion, you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably.
If you threw the falchion at the enemy you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
The mouse appears to be extremely immune to most materials.

[Roundtime: 10 seconds]
R>
Re: Mechanical Mice and Brawling 04/11/2018 09:42 AM CDT
Did you attack that particular one, or did it attack you? It only flexes once an attack by or against it is made. So appraising before that doesn’t give useful information.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Mechanical Mice and Brawling 04/11/2018 10:30 AM CDT
As long as we're talking about mice, any chance that their flexing can go down a tiny notch? The mice app as worthy for me (or slightly above), which is great for difficult fights, but when I'm just trying to train having to constantly cast debilitations to immobilize mobs just to hit them gets annoying, let alone the fact that if I'm not giving it my all with buffs and etc I'll get eaten alive.

If part of what makes mechanical mice appealing is that they're an always accessible and supportive training tool, I think part of that should include "that isn't skin-of-your-teeth-constant-buff-debuff-management".

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mechanical Mice and Brawling 04/14/2018 12:11 PM CDT
Both Javac. I was dancing with it for quite a while, and I had attacked it a few times as well. I'll double check though.
Re: Mechanical Mice and Brawling 04/14/2018 12:14 PM CDT
I just went back and checked. 3 advanced me. I faced each one and attacked it twice, then appraised the first one.

If you attacked with a haledroth falchion, you are certain that the enemy would train acceptably.
If you threw the falchion at the enemy you are certain that it would train very well, provided you can land a blow.
If you defended by parrying attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by evading attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you defended by blocking attacks, you are certain that the enemy would train quite badly.
If you attempted to beguile the enemy with tactics, you are certain that it would train rather well.
If you targeted and cast a spell at the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
If you attempted to debilitate the enemy, you are certain that it would train acceptably.
Was Re: Mechanical Mice and Brawling **Posts Moved** 04/15/2018 05:57 AM CDT
Some posts were moved out of the Brawling folder over in the Combat section because they weren't actually about brawling, but a possible bug with mechanical mice that could be causing them to not really teach defenses in any kind of encounter.

These posts are much happier here, and happy posts make for good discussions on the forums! Rejoice for them in their new home ;)

-Persida