Flying mobs refuse to always crash 03/28/2018 07:43 PM CDT
Duskruin always makes me remember this, since it's typically rare to find flying mobs in the wild.

Sometimes, when you stun flying mobs, they fall out of the sky. Sometimes, they continue to fly around stunned. They don't seem to care at all about being immobilized. Not sure how they feel about being webbed.

For mobs that seem to have unique flying scripts attached to them (like cloud eels?), they sometimes start flying again despite still being stunned and/or immobilized. They also seem to naturally stop landing as part of their flying/not flying cycle while stunned and/or immobilized (as opposed to the typical messaging about a flying mob crashing to the ground).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Flying mobs refuse to always crash 03/29/2018 01:10 AM CDT
>>For mobs that seem to have unique flying scripts attached to them (like cloud eels?), they sometimes start flying again despite still being stunned and/or immobilized.

Cloud eels will no longer swim back into the air while incapacitated.

>>They also seem to naturally stop landing as part of their flying/not flying cycle while stunned and/or immobilized (as opposed to the typical messaging about a flying mob crashing to the ground).

Not sure if I understand, but cloud eels don't naturally land.

GM Grejuva
Re: Flying mobs refuse to always crash 03/29/2018 12:30 PM CDT
>>Cloud eels will no longer swim back into the air while incapacitated.

Woo!

>>Not sure if I understand, but cloud eels don't naturally land.

It's entirely possible I misinterpreted the messaging to be a more passive/voluntary kind of landing than a "crash/boom" kind of landing. Like I remember immobilizing/stunning elder gryphons and that they violently crash to the ground. Hawks, I think, also give a "crash" kind of message when they're not choosing to land themselves. I could have sworn cloud eels were giving a message about floating to the ground (or something), which might have been their "crash" message.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.