Xala'shar Slayer/Vindicator/Archimage Issues 07/01/2017 11:23 AM CDT
I noticed a few potential issues with the Xala'shar slayers, vindicators, and archimages today.

-The messaging for the slayer special attack goes wonky when used on the other creatures:

A hulking Xala'shar slayer spreads its arms outward as it emits a mighty roar of pain as countless twisted bone spikes tear violently outward from beneath the heavily scarred flesh covering its body, briefly surrounding its muscular form in a veritable wall of sharpened bone.
Several twisted bone spikes slice into 's right leg, landing a light hit that sends it reeling! the Xala'shar vindicator is stunned!

Note the end of it, where it puts in a blank space for the name of the target. And the last sentence doesn't have its first letter capitalized. There might be an extra space there too.

-Vindicators were using their special attack against me when facing a slayer, instead of using it against its actual target. The vindicator wasn't Manipulated at the time (the slayer was), but I imagine this probably means that a Manipulated one would still use the attack against me.

-Archimages seem to spend a lot of time standing around doing nothing. They attack pretty infrequently, and I didn't notice them doing anything else instead.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Xala'shar Slayer/Vindicator/Archimage Issues 07/14/2018 11:16 AM CDT
This is from a little ways back, but I just wanted to note that the Xala'shar slayer special attack messaging is especially messed up when an archimage parries it:

A hulking Xala'shar slayer spreads its arms outward as it emits a mighty roar of pain as countless twisted bone spikes tear violently outward from beneath the heavily scarred flesh covering its body, briefly surrounding its muscular form in a veritable wall of sharpened bone.
a hulking Xala'shar archimage parries the slayer's bone spikes with his its !

The last sentence isn't capitalized, and there's a blank space where its weapon should be at the end.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Xala'shar Slayer/Vindicator/Archimage Issues 07/14/2018 06:29 PM CDT
The messaging when the target is prone also adds an extra space before "as [the target] flails in pain on the ground!". I added an underscore where it happens below, because forums formatting.

Several twisted bone spikes slice into 's right arm, landing a light hit _ as the Xala'shar vindicator flails in pain on the ground!

And this one should probably say "arms" instead of "arm". I can't picture how one would cross just one arm.

A hulking Xala'shar vindicator momentarily crosses its arm and throws its head back in laughter.

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Xala'shar Slayer/Vindicator/Archimage Issues 07/16/2018 11:28 AM CDT
<<A hulking Xala'shar slayer spreads its arms outward as it emits a mighty roar of pain as countless twisted bone spikes tear violently outward from beneath the heavily scarred flesh covering its body, briefly surrounding its muscular form in a veritable wall of sharpened bone.>>

Now that I go back and reread the base messaging of the special attack more carefully, I notice that's a very awkward sentence. I think it's the "It does stuff as it does other stuff as things happen" form that's throwing me off. I think it could be improved significantly with a slight tweak:

A hulking Xala'shar slayer spreads its arms outward and emits a mighty roar of pain as countless twisted bone spikes...

Thanks,
-Life Weaver Karthor
Re: Xala'shar Slayer/Vindicator/Archimage Issues 02/04/2019 08:19 PM CST
On the subject of Xala'shar slayer special attack messaging horrors, I've now noticed that it's not just when the target is another creature:

Tankata parries the slayer's bone spikes with his his !

Apparently he parried with his his !

Thanks,
-Biomancer Karthor