Juvenile Wyverns and Grounding Field 02/28/2017 04:35 AM CST
Was testing a few things out in Juvies, and noticed that even with Grounding Field cast to fire, their fire breath attack still sets me on fire from time to time. It triggers correctly when they manage to land a normal hit, blocking whatever portion of their attack is fire damage, so I know it's doing something. Is this intentional, or is this a bug? For the record, GF does interact with their tail special attack, although it seems like it might be handled differently than a regular attack:

A juvenile wyvern lurches forward to stab its tail stinger at you!
The field buckles briefly under the kinetic strain, failing to entirely stop the attack.
The air around you solidifies into a blinding yellow luminescence, buckling and losing much of its mass under the force of the attack.
The juvenile wyvern's tail lashes at you. The tail stinger lands a light hit to your left arm!
[You're nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]

Here the GF triggers then the MAF triggers, whereas with every normal attack it's the other way around:

The air around you solidifies into a blinding yellow luminescence and throws off shimmering light in the wake of the attack.
Your Grounding Field redirects the energy into Elanthia.
* Attacking forcefully, a juvenile wyvern lunges foward and snaps its fangs at you. You attempt to dodge.
The fangs lands a grazing blow to your chest.
[You're battered, winded, nimbly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
Re: Juvenile Wyverns and Grounding Field 02/28/2017 04:08 PM CST
What happens when you light naptha on fire with GF up?

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Juvenile Wyverns and Grounding Field 02/28/2017 05:31 PM CST
According to epedia you can't, although I've never tried it myself
Re: Juvenile Wyverns and Grounding Field 03/02/2017 03:14 AM CST
Special attacks are... special. And by that I mean they often don't use the core utilities which things like GF are tied into. That's like the case here.

-Raesh

"Sometimes, I worry that I’m not the hero everyone thinks I am..." - Mistborn
Re: Juvenile Wyverns and Grounding Field 03/04/2017 02:35 PM CST
I figured it was something like that, thanks