animal lore bug? 07/11/2004 09:34 PM CDT
I wanted to post here before doing an IG bug. I know at Simucon they mentioned that they were opening up Animal Lore to all guilds, so this might just be a wonderful feature of the DR2 rollin.

I've been up in Muspar'i the past week or so getting some FA from the red leeches (which by the way still could get my mid-savant empathy to pondering/muddled, so not as good as perc health, but still nice considering the FA and mech you learn too), and the day they rolled DR2 in, I started also learning Animal Lore from tending them off. I am an empath, and previously only was learning emapthy, mech and FA. I currently learn empathy, mech, FA and AL. I do not learn skinning.

I just wanted to see if this was intended before I start getting a bunch of AL, I don't want the GM's to come in and slap my wrist for something that wasn't supposed to be happening...

Kythryn
Re: animal lore bug? 07/12/2004 07:05 PM CDT
Can teach AL now also, and to non rangers too.

Jalika
Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 04:54 AM CDT
Yeah that kinda freaked me out when a bardess was talkin about my wolf and then asked for a class,I jokingly said "Animal lore!!! All brdesses need animla lore,most important skill they can have"

I was gonna continue the ruse by saying "Ohhh too bad I cant teach it to ya,dunno how yer gonna learn this most important skill now!!!" until after i typed in >teach animal to XXXX ,it stated teaching them.

Guess AL is open for everyone now huh?

Izzit
Master Tanner in Training

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.-Douglas Adams

Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 08:29 AM CDT
>>Guess AL is open for everyone now huh?

Looks that way. Picked up a rank working weapons in crocs for a bit last night. Even if those bloodworms don't teach FA all that great anymore, they do have a use again.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 10:11 AM CDT
Awesome!

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

For me, there is no perfect day.
Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 12:14 PM CDT
So the question on everyone's minds: do the ranks generate TDPs for non-rangers?

Katsura
Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 12:14 PM CDT
hrmm...what do them blood suckers teach to with FA and skinning? will I be able to move FA at 80 ranks? and if so, for how long? and with skinning at 140, will that also still move? Thanks.

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 01:57 PM CDT
>>So the question on everyone's minds: do the ranks generate TDPs for non-rangers?

Any skill will generate TDPs. Got one off trading a long time ago when it was still teachable to non-traders.

The skill was going to be opened up to all as was mentioned at the con. Guess it happened.

Brabs

[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 01:59 PM CDT
>>will I be able to move FA at 80 ranks? and if so, for how long? and with skinning at 140, will that also still move?

I tended some off last night while hunting crocs with some lower weapons. It moved my FA at 212 and skinning of 197 or 198. It didn't move it fast, but they do still teach it.

Brabs

Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 02:17 PM CDT
Thanks Brabs..I might have a new thing to try when I get back to Zoluren than from Shard...been tryin to find things to keep me in Zoluren lately...but not much working...so I'll give that a try since I"m still backtraining HE/2HE/LE and Short Bow...all at 110..not sure if Crocs will teach them or not though...I'll find out though...

~Dalkin~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: animal lore bug? 07/13/2004 10:29 PM CDT
Crocs should teach you those weaps Dalkin, and FA also I think. I know I learn pretty decent with mid-60s (IIRC) in it.

-player of Treshan

Feyrghal says, "I could tell you, but I would have to turn you into a pate afterwards"
Feyrghal says, "Something tells me you couldn't be all that good on crackers"
Feyrghal says, "Humans are always rather gamey."
Re: animal lore bug? 07/14/2004 10:13 AM CDT
I'll keep that in mind Tresh...I just may have to head that way....as long as I'm gettin boxes from other folks when I'm resting my mind at the gate....I'll be happy...::chuckles:: sides...I"m sure Tresh would love the company eh? :-)

~Dalkin~

Re: animal lore bug? 07/21/2004 05:25 PM CDT
>>So the question on everyone's minds: do the ranks generate TDPs for non-rangers?

I think a better question is what can non-rangers do with this skill? I can think of a whole bunch of things it could effect: stalking and hiding around creatures, better crits at very high amounts of AL (i.e. you know the critter's natural defenses better), more frequent spawns in slower areas (you know how to find the creatures), etc but what are they actually going to make it useful for other than peeling off leaches?

Equilibrium before dishonor! ~ Battle Cry of the Chemist
Re: animal lore bug? 07/22/2004 12:19 AM CDT
From what was told to us at Simucon and other sources, the things they're thinking of include:
-skinning multiple item from a kill (skin + heart + claw) or something along those lines
-companion/horse healing for Empaths
err... I thought I had some others but I can't remember them now.

-player of Treshan

Feyrghal says, "I could tell you, but I would have to turn you into a pate afterwards"
Feyrghal says, "Something tells me you couldn't be all that good on crackers"
Feyrghal says, "Humans are always rather gamey."
Re: animal lore bug? 07/22/2004 12:53 AM CDT
>From what was told to us at Simucon and other sources, the things they're thinking of include:
-skinning multiple item from a kill (skin + heart + claw) or something along those lines
-companion/horse healing for Empaths
err... I thought I had some others but I can't remember them now.

Warhorse bonding for Paladins