Bloodsucker System Change 06/15/2003 06:44 PM CDT
As was announced at SimuCon, the Bloodsucker system has now been updated. Bloodsuckers will now be easier to remove, across the board, but they will also teach significantly less in all related skills.

Bloodsuckers also will no longer teach Transference. They will, however, teach a small amount of Empathy, to Empaths who try to remove them.

GameMaster Towint B'niyvyl
Re: Bloodsucker System Change 06/15/2003 06:47 PM CDT
I guess I better go check things out so I can stop whining. Thanks for the attention to these things.

-Gheist
Re: Bloodsucker System Change 06/15/2003 09:04 PM CDT
24 agility, 94 First Aid, 82 skinning, 133 mech

I have been having a harder time than usual getting worms, but I've had a few and think I can comment.

First, with less fear of worms, I moved fast enough to realize that this is a great place to learn swimming at 73 ranks. Cool.

Next, I saw that my FA looks too high to learn very much here. This seems appropriate since I had alot less than that when I was actually hunting crocs for my primary weapons. In line with learning, I had no difficulty removing worms, even in the water. At my level, it looks about like what I'd expect to be a challange in-line with the croc area. I hope there's an expansion with the tougher worms and tougher creatures and swimming nearby, as that'd be real nice.

-Gheist
Re: Bloodsucker System Change 06/15/2003 10:15 PM CDT
24 agility, 135 skinning, 76 FA, 88 mech.

Learn almost nothing from Bloodworms. Never failed to take one off.

Disappointing, since I have a great deal of trouble learning FA any other way.

Will have to try Black Leeches, but am avoiding the area, since there is nothing else for me to do there.

-pete
Re: Bloodsucker System Change 06/15/2003 10:41 PM CDT
>Will have to try Black Leeches, but am avoiding the area, since there is nothing else for me to do there.

Granted I'm an empath, with a decent amount of transference and firstaid, but black leeches didn't seem to be teaching me any better than the red ones.

Though, I didn't try one on my back.

~Y

Ever wonder about those Elotheans? Check out the library at:
http://www.bakshiloa.com
Re: Bloodsucker System Change 06/16/2003 12:54 PM CDT
I'm not sure if possibly the amount of first aid being taught needs to be looked at again?

I am a barbarian with 44 in first aid. After wandering in crocs about 45 minutes I finally got a blood worm on my leg. Prior to it getting engorged I could not tend it off with a knife. Once it was engorged I removed it my second try holding a knife. My firstaid was at learning when I started and remained at learning.

Since I clearly had problems removing the blood worm I'm wondering if I should be learning anything from it?

I have been hunting in crocs for a few weeks now staying in the reed rooms because the blood worms were more dangerous to me than the crocs. Now I seem to have too much first aid to even learn from the blood worms?

I would appreciate you looking into this. Thank you.

~Brilona

The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless- Jean Jacques Rousseau