Blood Worm Disease Bug? 03/17/2003 07:35 PM CST
In Plat, the disease you can contract from blood worms does not appear to cause any ill effects (i.e., no disease messaging other than what you see when checking health, no vitality loss, no new wounds -- see log below). I was also going to test if not having GOL up made any difference, but I have not been able to find a disease-ridden worm since the spell wore off.

I bugged this in-game awhile ago, but since nothing seems to have changed, I thought a post was in order.

~Absinthe

7:32 -- Contracted disease and ran to a quiet area to watch the effects. I did the last health check 10 minutes later.

>health
Your body feels incredibly full of strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the right arm, some tiny scratches to the right leg, some tiny scratches to the left leg, some minor abrasions to the right hand, some tiny scratches to the left hand, some minor abrasions to the chest, some minor abrasions to the right eye.
Your body is covered in open oozing sores.
>
Your feet are dripping with water. Pools of it are forming all around you.
>
Your feet are continuing to drip water everywhere.
>health
You are strangely full of extra energy.
You have some minor abrasions to the right arm, some tiny scratches to the right leg, some tiny scratches to the left leg, some minor abrasions to the right hand, some tiny scratches to the left hand, some minor abrasions to the chest, some minor abrasions to the right eye.
>
Your feet are still soaked.
>
You are still rather wet, but drying off nicely.
>health
>
You feel the surge of energy within you ebb away.
>
health
>
You have no significant injuries.
Re: Blood Worm Disease Bug? 03/18/2003 06:01 PM CST
Nope, if the disease progress to a certain point, it can cause wounds to appear on someone who has none. I've had it happen to me a couple times now. All wounds (inside and out) are totally gone, but the disease is still there and next thing I know I'm bleeding again.

Has to fester for a while before it reaches that point, though. Good thing my Empath can cast Cure Disease now, heh.

~~~Krin