'Bloodsuckers' 03/01/2003 10:30 AM CST
The recent folder name change got me thinking. Why should these things be limited to bloodsucking. Why not have some more parasites. Some general ideas.

Mana parasites. Have the parasites from the Mana Disruption spell actually be parasites.

Flesh eaters. Parasites that would actually eat away at your flesh giving you wounds (as opposed to just vitality loss)

Spirit parasites. A evil-type creature, or maybe an undead parasite (Attack of the undead leeches) that suck at your spirit.

Parasites that temporarily lower your stats, draining your strength or stamina (or anything else really; why not have brain suckers).

~Y

*Your witty comment here.* http://www.coalition.fairmont.nu
Re: 'Bloodsuckers' 03/01/2003 03:32 PM CST
>>Mana parasites. Have the parasites from the Mana Disruption spell actually be parasites.

They already are. As a matter of fact, I am fairly sure the spell's effect was modeled after the mana parasites that have been in the Haven Swamp troll area since before the first time any of my characters hunted there, and that was back on hourly AOL...

>>Flesh eaters. Parasites that would actually eat away at your flesh giving you wounds (as opposed to just vitality loss)

Get yourself killed in Grendels. They start munching away on your corpse, little by little. Really disgusting.

~Kyn
Re: 'Bloodsuckers' 03/01/2003 04:48 PM CST
> They already are.

I know they're already 'parasites.' What I mean is they should actually exist the way leeches do. And with the right skills you should be able to tend them off.

~Y

*Your witty comment here.* http://www.coalition.fairmont.nu
Re: 'Bloodsuckers' 03/05/2003 02:55 PM CST
>>>Flesh eaters. Parasites that would actually eat away at your flesh giving you wounds (as opposed to just vitality loss)

>Get yourself killed in Grendels. They start munching away on your corpse, little by little. Really disgusting.

tee hee...so do some of the Gate of Soul baddies...nothing like watching your dead body get gnawed on!

Kythryn
Re: 'Bloodsuckers' 03/05/2003 04:56 PM CST
>tee hee...so do some of the Gate of Soul baddies...nothing like watching your dead body get gnawed on!

Fendryads say this
too "Soon I will feast, mortal"
Run away scared you.

~player of ...~

"Too often we...enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
-- John F. Kennedy
Re: 'Bloodsuckers' 03/22/2003 06:40 PM CST
Dont forget loose women that drain your bank account....

*Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.*