Red Leechs 02/24/2003 05:36 PM CST
Alright, I would guess at about rank 55/65 an empath can remove leechs most of the time.

But I have 71 in FA and im a Ranger, and I can just BARELY remove 1 leech when it is even FLESHY. Now if anyone good help me on this subject. How much FA does a non-empath gotta have to remove the easiest leechs (red leechs).

Does skinning play a part in removing them? Maybe Mech Lore?

help?
Re: Red Leechs 02/24/2003 06:53 PM CST
>>But I have 71 in FA and im a Ranger, and I can just BARELY remove 1 leech when it is even FLESHY. Now if anyone good help me on this subject. How much FA does a non-empath gotta have to remove the easiest leechs (red leechs).

With 82 as a non Empath I can get them off pretty good (Mech is in 70s), if you bring your jad/yel cocktail and watch your vit and watch for disease you should be ok.

Vikr
Re: Red Leechs 02/25/2003 09:45 AM CST
Also, holding a knife seems to make things easier.
Re: Red Leechs 02/25/2003 11:06 AM CST
-How do these things compare to blood worms in terms of difficulty? In terms of damage dealt to you? In terms of learning?
-Do red leeches teach you skinnning, animal lore, mechanical lore, and first aid like blood worms do?
-Are there a lot of empaths in Muspar'i should one get out of hand, or should I wander into what I understand is a death pit with harder leeches?
-How hard are the other leeches?

Thanks!

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia
Re: Red Leechs 02/25/2003 11:11 AM CST
<<-How do these things compare to blood worms in terms of difficulty?>>

They're supposed to be easier to tend than bloodworms.

<<In terms of damage dealt to you?>>

They deal very little damage if you have good stamina. I never get them to give more than light scratches, even if I have many on me for a long time.

<<In terms of learning?>>

They seem to teach better than the other two varieties.

<<-Do red leeches teach you skinnning, animal lore, mechanical lore, and first aid like blood worms do?>>

All leeches teach the same skills as far as I'm aware.

<<-Are there a lot of empaths in Muspar'i should one get out of hand, or should I wander into what I understand is a death pit with harder leeches?>>

How can I put this mildly... um, yes. Lots of empaths in the red leech area.

<<-How hard are the other leeches?>>

Bloodworms aren't much harder than red leeches, but are less numerous. Black leeches are the hardest kind, and almost impossible to remove if they attach to your back, which they really enjoy doing. They also suck vitality like crazy. I would avoid the south end of the pit unless you're with someone capable of tending them off of you.

Meghan
Re: Red Leechs 02/25/2003 05:18 PM CST
Ok one of my 3-4 questions got answered.

Does Skinning or Mech Lore play a role in removing them?
Re: Red Leechs 02/25/2003 06:14 PM CST
I'd assume any skill that you can learn from something is used in the calculations for how sucessful you are.

But then again, I'm assuming.

Jal
Re: Red Leechs 02/25/2003 06:34 PM CST
The problem I have in determining exactly what skills are needed to tend bloodsuckers is that different guilds learn different things from them.

Empaths don't learn skinning from bloodsuckers at all, and empaths generally have horrible skinning anyway, so I doubt it's in the calculation, at least for that guild, for example.

I'm sure first aid is taken into account across the board, but I'm really not sure on the other specific requirements.

And I'd like to think I answered more than 1 of your questions. But, oh well.

Meghan
Re: Red Leechs 02/25/2003 06:49 PM CST
FA and trans for empaths. FA and skinning for the rest of us. FA is the primary factor with trans/skininng being secondary. Agility also plays a very big role in tending the leeches.

Teh Vand
Re: Red Leechs 02/26/2003 04:49 AM CST
Not sure if mech lore figures into one's ability to remove bloodsuckers, but leeches & bloodworms teach me tiny bit of mech, too (hey, free lore, I'm not complaining). Oh, Empath here.

Baboushka