Tending worms (long) 12/01/2002 10:04 PM CST
I've never really played in worms much so wondering if this is right?

started off with minor abrasions to the chest (that I know of).
Got a worm on my chest. Went out to shore to tend it. First of all, all told it took me about 13 tends (w/ and w/out using a knife) to get it off my chest, with 189 FA. Thought that was a bit much, but with the changes to FA, I can live with that. But what I thought more strange was the bleeding msgs I got.

It took 7 tends (failures to remove the worm) to actually turn into a bleeder (heavy internal).
Next tend took it to severe internal
At that point drank some ithor
Next tend made the inside bleeder very profuse, and gave me a heavy external.
Waited about 10 seconds and checked health again. Now the external was severe and internal was massive (was starting to get a little worried here).
Ate some plovik at this point.
the Ithor potion pulsed; checked health again. External was still severe, but the internal was gone (massive to gone in about 30 seconds?)
Waited another 30 seconds, checked health. External now extremely severe (no tends, but its getting worse?)
Another 30 seconds, checked health. External is now very profuse
Now the worm is engorged, so I think I should be able to remove it. Tend again and fail.
Checked health; bleeders are gone.
Took about another 5 tends to finally get the worm off (15-30 sec rt between each). Never got a bleeder again.

So is does that seem right? Are the way those bleeders were acting a part of the new FA, or are they misleading due to the worm?

~Tanshar
Re: Tending worms (long) 12/01/2002 10:27 PM CST
Is the croc area bloodworm difficulty likey to be made reasonable before the end of this year? Seems like they've been out for a couple months.

-Gheist
Re: Tending worms (long) 12/02/2002 01:30 PM CST
<<So is does that seem right? Are the way those bleeders were acting a part of the new FA, or are they misleading due to the worm?

~Tanshar >>

I think what you were seeing is normal. Basically the wound is being aggravated enough to worsen the bleeding, without actually increasing the severity of the wound. You can see this same effect in combat, if you have a tended bleeder, and get a light hit on that spot, you will start to bleed again. When the bandages aok through the first time, the bleeding will be much worse than normal, although the wound may still be only "deep cuts". Sucessful tending will set things back to normal. In your case, you might have had the first level of internal bleeding wound to the chest, which had been aggravated enough to cause massive bleeding, but not worsen the actual wound beyond what the first pulse of ithor potion could reduce.

Heironymous
Re: Tending worms (long) 12/02/2002 04:21 PM CST
>>I think what you were seeing is normal. Basically the wound is being aggravated enough to worsen the bleeding, without actually increasing the severity of the wound. You can see this same effect in combat, if you have a tended bleeder, and get a light hit on that spot, you will start to bleed again. When the bandages aok through the first time, the bleeding will be much worse than normal, although the wound may still be only "deep cuts". Sucessful tending will set things back to normal. In your case, you might have had the first level of internal bleeding wound to the chest, which had been aggravated enough to cause massive bleeding, but not worsen the actual wound beyond what the first pulse of ithor potion could reduce.

So if I understand, you're saying that it was a small wound, just for a minute or so it was gushing blood (and the pulse of ithor sealed up the cut)? Seems a little misleading (not ta mention somewhat scary), but can live w/ it. It still seemed abnormally hard that w/ close to 200 in FA can't remove the worm, regardless of where it was (I know chest is harder, and did 4 on my legs first time each time, but that seems a little much).

Oh well, I don't frequent there much anyway, was just desperate to learn a little FA. I sure hope there are alternatives to worms and leeches to learning FA coming SOON!

~Tanshar