Question 07/14/2002 10:13 AM CDT
Screw experience gain, can someone just burn the stupid buggers off? :P
Same Old Question 06/04/2003 02:23 PM CDT
Okay, I don't know much about Bloodworms except that I stopped hunting crocs when they came out.

I know that there are two types. What are the two types, and what's the difference (besides just sand and marsh)? What is the typical skill needed to remove them? Does using a knife increase the chance (lower skilled need)? Do both types need the same amout of skill?

--Vyraka, not an empath--
Re: Same Old Question 06/06/2003 07:19 AM CDT
Vyraka,

I'd recommend around ardent FA before handling the worms, and from what I've heard, a knife will indeed help you remove them. If you aren't able to remove them when they first latch on, you might want to wait until they're engorged. Also, it is easier to remove them on dry land.

I don't know about the difficulty of the leeches, as I've never spent time in the sand pit. One type of leech is easier than the worms, but one is harder. Someone else will have to tell you which colour (red/black) is which <G>

G'luck, and be careful.

P.O. Xailan
Re: Same Old Question 06/06/2003 09:03 AM CDT
Red leeches are much easier. Black are harder. With 60s in FA and 100 in skinning, as a ranger I can tend off red leeches after they become fleshy without too much trouble. I don't use a knife. I have had four one me at one time, and stamina helps.

Player of Peperic Timarson, ranger in training and corn carrier for Lucky, the raccoon.
Tree-house, North Road, River's edge.
"No matter how hard you try, you can't fix stupid."
Re: Same Old Question 06/06/2003 02:27 PM CDT
with 114 FA and 109 skinning as a ranger i can pull fresg red leeches off most of the time... plus with HOL and SOTT on its easier once you get like 140 FA you should be dandy with them... also i only have 22 stamina and i do decent with 4 of em on me everyonce in a while i run into issues

Grey/Thyw

Poodles can fly, too. They just can't land. ~~ Qreyq

If you don't find death death will find you.

The gene pool needs cleansing and I am the minster of chlorine.
Re: Same Old Question 06/06/2003 02:30 PM CDT
I put HOL just for grins, hadn't thought about SOTT though. hmm

Player of Peperic Timarson, ranger in training and corn carrier for Lucky, the raccoon.
Re: Same Old Question 06/06/2003 03:00 PM CDT
i won't say for sure it helps but it seems to i mean agility affects skinning why wouldn't it affect this

Grey/Thyw

Poodles can fly, too. They just can't land. ~~ Qreyq

If you don't find death death will find you.

The gene pool needs cleansing and I am the minster of chlorine.
Re: Same Old Question 06/06/2003 03:46 PM CDT
Well SOTT helps reflex. Who knows, maybe it doesn't, but always use the magic practice.