anybody seen this bastie? 08/20/2010 04:14 PM CDT
hey guys i lost my sword yesterday when the game went down and i'm having a hard time finding a replacement with the same stats. it was a 28 stone bastard sword, this is the app i pulled out of my logs for it

A bastard sword is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
poor puncture damage
heavy slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A bastard sword is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
severe slice damage
fair impact damage

You are certain that the sword is reasonably balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bastard sword is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The bastard sword is made with metal.
The bastard sword feels light.
You are certain that the bastard sword is worth exactly 10000 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

does anyone know somebody that makes one like this? i've seen two different 28 stone versions selling but neither has that fair impact on the 2HE side. some of them have better HE slice but since i don't use that side i was perfectly happy to lose a little there for the slightly better impact. maybe somebody can explain to me if i'm missing something that makes the other version i've seen preferable for some reason.

oh and i think the maker's mark on it was from rikulf, but i haven't been able to get ahold of him in game to see if he still forges. anybody know?

-tre
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/20/2010 06:02 PM CDT
I don't know much about forging but I believe the damage level scales on HE and 2HE, so if the slice on the HE side is higher on the other swords, then the slice on the 2HE side will be placed higher, though still within the severe category, than on the one you had. Not sure if the possible increase in slice will be more effective than the slight increase in impact, though I'm sure others on here could help with that.

Battle Lord Wartug Skullcleaver
Gor'Tog Barbarian

"You live and die by the only thing you can control: your choices. Choose wisely."
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/20/2010 06:56 PM CDT
If you only use the 2HE side why not go with a claymore or greatsword. I am not a heavy blade user so I am not too sure on those and weight/stats.

Wanderer Larze
Guardian Rhamist

Your mind hears Aethyrr thinking, "fyrel I can't lick my hips"
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/20/2010 07:30 PM CDT
that's a good point, i always forget what we see as appraisal words are technically ranges. so maybe that does have something to do with it.
the two drevid forged 28 stones ones i've seen i believe break down like this
l/h/p f/f (HE) l/s/l r/f (2HE) well constructed
and
l/g/p f/f (HE) l/s/l r/f (2HE) fairly sturdy
now between those two it seems like you give up some slice in HE to gain better construction, so that makes sense to me. but the one i had was
p/h/l f/f (HE) l/s/f r/f (2HE) well constructed
so that still seems better than the well constructed one i've seen for sale. i dunno, i'm still confused
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/20/2010 07:37 PM CDT
>If you only use the 2HE side why not go with a claymore or greatsword.

Claymores are great for slice damage, and greatswords hit at pole range, but bastard swords always have better balance, assuming the same mix.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/20/2010 07:37 PM CDT
and i don't think they make a claymore as light as 28 stones and i'm lazy about training strength. maybe someday i'll put some more into that and just go back to using my claymore, but for now i still get shorter RTs on the 28 stone bastie vs the 36 stone claymore
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/21/2010 05:22 AM CDT
34 is the lightest claymore, 35 is lightest 2 handed sword. Claymore is BC slice and dismal balance. 2 handed sword in sever slice and fair balance.
______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/21/2010 11:23 AM CDT
oh hey magdar do you make that L/S/F 28 stone bastie like i'm looking for? i had another one the same before this last one i lost that i think had your mark on it. but i could be wrong
Re: anybody seen this bastie? 08/22/2010 04:44 AM CDT
As long as you are not asking for the 28 stones that is great slice in he and sever slice in 2he I make it. I am out her eon mer'kresh and will happily take time out from hunting to make you one.
______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss