Which bastie? 06/04/2009 01:53 AM CDT
Alright so ive taken the advice you all gave me in my last post and increased agility. Im now sitting at:

Strength : 28 Reflex : 23
Agility : 26 Charisma : 21
Discipline : 23 Wisdom : 25
Intelligence : 21 Stamina : 20

still using a l/bc/f d/r claymore and want a bastie (i think!)

Am a 38th Pallie and have enough coin. What bastie would you gurus recommend? or 2HE in general?

I'd like to keep a 3/4 RT at the most unless its that beneficial to not do so. Thanks guys!
Re: Which bastie? 06/04/2009 08:32 AM CDT
Find a forged 28 stone bastard sword with reasonable balance in both HE and 2HE.
Re: Which bastie? 06/04/2009 12:40 PM CDT
No guru here, but I am a fan of 2 handers. My heavy edged is my secondary weapon, and my primary melee weapon, but I am always impressed with the power of 2 handers, even though my 2HE skill is about 60 ranks behind my HE skill. I think if you intend to put stats into strength and agility and stamina as you progress, focusing on heavier weapons will be very good for you later on.

I still use my claymore, and swear I can tell the difference between it and my bastard in 2he, but I like having both.
Re: Which bastie? 06/04/2009 04:50 PM CDT
Greatswords - more balance than claymores, but heavier. Also pole ranged.

A massive steel greatsword with thick blood wolf pelt wrapped around the hilt is a two-handed edged pole-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
bone-crushing slice damage
heavy impact damage

You are certain that the greatsword is poorly balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the greatsword is very strong, and is in pristine condition.

The greatsword is made with metal.
You believe that the greatsword weighs around 95 stones. (It's 102 stones)
You are certain that the greatsword is worth exactly 8000 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

The pulzone lands a powerful strike that pokes the steel-tipped pulzone into the gryphon's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
The steel-tipped pulzone lodges itself shallowly into the forest gryphon!
Re: Which bastie? 06/05/2009 06:03 AM CDT
Ended up getting a 28 stone bastie. A RUE on it puts it up to R/R. with HES up i can get min RT too so im enjoying it!

Wheres that greatsword from? I like that too.
Re: Which bastie? 06/05/2009 08:20 AM CDT
Greatswords start at 60 stones. p/r on balance and suited at that weight. I do occasionally hit the forge for people.
______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Which bastie? 06/05/2009 07:57 PM CDT
It's an altered drevid-forged greatsword. I'm considering selling it actually, since I've got a new one in the works.

Which reminds me, I just picked up the new greatsword from Drevid and never vaulted either it or the old one. Maybe THAT's where the burden's coming from.

The pulzone lands a powerful strike that pokes the steel-tipped pulzone into the gryphon's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
The steel-tipped pulzone lodges itself shallowly into the forest gryphon!