Another what to use 06/03/2009 04:39 PM CDT
I recently came back to Dragonrealms and have had alot of surprises. One of them is I no longer swing my broadsword with a 1 sec rt :(

So in lieu of so many changes Ive decided to reforge my cleric into something I like a little more then a leather wearing thief wannabe. I also need to backtrain shield and I want to change armors from leather to plate (based on this post https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=22&topic=13&message=8343). Im going 2HE as part of it because two handers are awesome and If im going to be stuck with some RT I want the most bang for my buck.

So here are my stats that I think matter:

Str: 33
Agi: 18
Stam: 26

What are your recommendations for a sword?

Also - Im currently circle 42 and need to backtrain a ton of lore before circling is in my near future so changing my stats real fast isnt likely (beyond 2-3 points from TDP gain)

What should I be using? Who can I contact? What will it cost?

Thanks so much in advance.

Wynkynn
Re: Another what to use 06/03/2009 05:03 PM CDT
Welcome back, Wynkynn! It's great seeing a few more old fogies around! ;)

You'll want to train up a bit of agility: That matters more now than it used to. But until you do, see about a forged blade.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Another what to use 06/03/2009 05:29 PM CDT
I am soooooo sick and tired of Bastard swords...yet in your situation a good quality lightweight bastie sounds good- you can train 2HE and swap to continue training HE- why not train both of them? You should be able to get a decent forged sword for about 10 plats in the Crossing trader's tent.

And welcome back.

Flavius
Re: Another what to use 06/03/2009 05:43 PM CDT
I definitely plan on training them both. But I find the weapon I consider to be my go-to weapon always wins out ahead after awhile because of its constant use.

So how many stones should I be looking for and what kind of stats?
Re: Another what to use 06/03/2009 05:49 PM CDT
A 28 stone G/S bastie is a good thing. You should be able at least to find one that is Fairly Sturdy construction, and fairly/fairly with the balance and power on both the HE and 2HE sides. Something that roughly looks like this:

A bastard sword is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
great slice damage
poor impact damage

You are certain that the sword is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A bastard sword is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
severe slice damage
low impact damage

You are certain that the sword is reasonably balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bastard sword is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The bastard sword is made with metal.
You are certain that the bastard sword weighs exactly 28 stones.
You are certain that the bastard sword is worth exactly 10000 lirums.

If it helps, just think of yourself as the fluorescent light in the buglamp of life.

- GM Dartenian
Re: Another what to use 06/03/2009 05:51 PM CDT
I'm no weaponsmith. But you will want something with decent balance and suited for strength, since that seems to be what you've trained the most. Magdar I think can advise you better.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy