Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 01/28/2009 11:24 PM CST
Anyone out there wanna tell me what the best two handed edged weapons is likely to be. Currently using a bastard sword and wanna know if it would be more advisable to use a straight out two hander. What are the forged one's like?
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 01/29/2009 08:03 AM CST
It depends entirely on what you're looking for.

Straight damage at the expense of balance?

Best balance you can get?

Best mix of the two?

Best damage for the weight?

Best Balance/Suitedness for the weight?

etc.

Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 01/29/2009 08:22 AM CST
My greatsword!

You tap a vicious greatsword of pattern-welded kertig and glaes alloy that you are holding.
>
Braided spidersilk cording twines about the gripping surfaces, extending from the skull-crusher pommel, past the raven-wing quillons and down over the blunted edges of the ricasso which extends three hands-widths onto the damascened blade. Platinum inlay fills the smith's mark consisting of a raven clutching a hammer and tongs in its claws hovering over an anvil.

A vicious greatsword of pattern-welded kertig and glaes alloy is a two-handed edged pole-ranged weapon.
You are certain that it could do:
low puncture damage
devastating slice damage
heavy impact damage
You are certain that the greatsword is poorly balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the vicious greatsword is quite hard, and is in pristine condition.
The vicious greatsword is made with metal.
You are certain that the vicious greatsword weighs exactly 86 stones.

And it has been GORED!

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 01/29/2009 09:25 AM CST
Magdar, you win DR.

A+

Oh, and mega extra credit points for proper usage of "quillons" and "ricasso."

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo because the status is not quo." - Dr. Horrible
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/01/2009 10:16 AM CST
That sword is absolutely ridiculous. Allstate should offer insurance for text goodness of that magnitude.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/02/2009 11:15 AM CST
Also Magdar made (kertig):

Here is my greatsword, 60 stones:

A greatsword is a two-handed edged pole-ranged weapon.

low puncture damage
devastating slice damage
moderate impact damage

You are certain that the greatsword is poorly balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the greatsword is quite hard, and is in pristine condition.

Impressed into the metal is the image of a raven hovering over an anvil and holding a hammer and tongs in its claws

Madigan

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/02/2009 11:18 AM CST
That looks beautiful.

~
It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.
-Fred Woodworth
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/05/2009 02:04 AM CST
that is one amazing lookin sword madigan. what all 2HE weapons out there can be used from pole also? im assuming they are rare. i have recently worked my 2HE up be my second highest weapon and was thinkin bout upgrading from my bastard sword to a full fledged 2HE, and one usable from pole would be great.

~Artilius
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/05/2009 02:43 AM CST
All greatswords (except those barb only broken ones) are pole ranged weapons. They can be forged and start at 60 stones. The Flamburgue from Riverhaven is alos pole ranged.

______
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/05/2009 01:30 PM CST
>All greatswords (except those barb only broken ones) are pole ranged weapons. They can be forged and start at 60 stones. The Flamburgue from Riverhaven is alos pole ranged.

excellent. well, i am in the market for a forged one then. currently i have 40 strentgh and 40 stamina, so whatever weight would be good for those stats, is the kind im lookin for. also, i wouldnt mind haveing to "grow" into the sword if i need more strength and stamina. because i do plan on training both more.

~Artilius
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/06/2009 04:19 AM CST
Don't forget - A giant war mallet with a forge-welded head, swappable 2hb/2he weapon, fairly heavy, use one on my Tog Paladin in Plat, he swings around at 1/2/3 with a large load of strength and agi.

A giant war mallet with a forge-welded head is a two-handed blunt pole-ranged weapon.

You are confident that it could do:
no puncture damage
low slice damage
bone-crushing impact damage

You are certain that the mallet is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the war mallet is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The war mallet is made with metal.
The war mallet feels light.
You are certain that the war mallet is worth exactly 47806 dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

A giant war mallet with a forge-welded head is a two-handed edged pole-ranged weapon.

You are confident that it could do:
low puncture damage
severe slice damage
fair impact damage

You are confident that the mallet is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the war mallet is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

The war mallet is made with metal.
The war mallet feels light.
You are certain that the war mallet is worth exactly 47806 dokoras.

~Player of Koryn, Cleric - Judging you against your will since 330.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/06/2009 11:20 AM CST
Yeah, that mallet is an amazing 2hB, but a pretty pathetic 2hE. A theren claymore is better.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/06/2009 11:42 AM CST
"a pretty pathetic 2hE. A theren claymore is better."

But...if you use the Maul anyway, and are looking for a THE pole range edged, it works just fine. Believe me, I forget sometimes to switch back to THB after skinning, and it slices and dices just fine. It wouldn't be my first choice if all I wanted was a pole ranged THE but if you are training both THB and THE and have the strength and stamina, its very viable.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/06/2009 08:56 PM CST
OK, how about this one?

The Shalsnipis appears quite well suited for your short strong Dwarven arms.
A loud voice rasps, "Sa Mikhildis Shalsnipis mota braeka karaag! Kenach vare galik tweskren!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "The Big Warrior Mountain Cutter can break rock. Bones are like twigs!"
Sa Mikhildis Shalsnipis is a heavy thrown and two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.
low puncture damage
great slice damage
heavy impact damage
You are certain that the Shalsnipis is poorly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the Mikhildis Shalsnipis is incredibly hard, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the Mikhildis Shalsnipis weighs exactly 150 stones.
You wonder if the Mikhildis Shalsnipis could be worth about a small mint in kronars.

Sa Mikhildis Shalsnipis begins to hum softly and is suffused with a powerful blue glow.

The Mikhildis Shalsnipis begins to slowly transform in your hands, its smooth stone axe head melding into the handle, forming a straight stone rod. The rod then gradually flattens itself into a hefty, broad-bladed sword with a basket hilt.
A loud voice exclaims, "Kniwa vut sa shar ut sa Sa Karaagglof Sverdh!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "Kneel at the sight of The Stone Glove Sword!"

The Sverdh appears quite well suited for your short strong Dwarven arms.
A loud voice exclaims, "Kniwa vut sa shar ut sa Sa Karaagglof Sverdh!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "Kneel at the sight of The Stone Glove Sword!"
Sa Karaagglof Sverdh is a light thrown and medium edged melee-ranged weapon.
low puncture damage
low slice damage
severe impact damage
You are certain that the Sverdh is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the Karaagglof Sverdh is incredibly hard, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the Karaagglof Sverdh weighs exactly 71 stones.
You wonder if the Karaagglof Sverdh is probably worth around a small mint in kronars.

Sa Karaagglof Sverdh begins to hum softly and is suffused with a powerful blue glow.

The Karaagglof Sverdh begins to slowly transform in your hands, the blade lengthens and becomes more cylindrical forming a smooth shaft, while the tip flattens and becomes quite broad.
A loud voice cries, "Thrage faar Sa Delviland Dessleg hvin darg va showrskilik!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "Run from The Spade Tip Long Spear if you are wise!"

The Dessleg appears quite well suited for your short strong Dwarven arms.
A loud voice cries, "Thrage faar Sa Delviland Dessleg hvin darg va showrskilik!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "Run from The Spade Tip Long Spear if you are wise!"
Sa Delviland Dessleg is a heavy thrown and pike pole-ranged weapon.
great puncture damage
low slice damage
low impact damage
You are certain that the Dessleg is fairly balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the Delviland Dessleg is incredibly hard, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the Delviland Dessleg weighs exactly 143 stones.
You are unable to determine the value of the Delviland Dessleg.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

The Delviland Dessleg begins to slowly transform in your hands, the over-sized spearhead begins to expand into a solid globe while the haft shortens and becomes thicker. Several wart-like protrusions form on the head and rapidly sprout into several sharp spikes.
A loud voice chants, "Sa Marghvas Knottrhamar faarin grewd drusa galik glan!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "The Many Sharp Ball Hammer makes blood fall like rain!"

The Knottrhamar appears quite well suited for your short strong Dwarven arms.
A loud voice chants, "Sa Marghvas Knottrhamar faarin grewd drusa galik glan!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "The Many Sharp Ball Hammer makes blood fall like rain!"
Sa Marghvas Knottrhamar is a light thrown and medium blunt melee-ranged weapon.
low puncture damage
no slice damage
great impact damage
You are certain that the Knottrhamar is dismally balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the Marghvas Knottrhamar is incredibly hard, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the Marghvas Knottrhamar weighs exactly 50 stones.
You guess that the Marghvas Knottrhamar could be worth about a small mint in kronars.

Sa Marghvas Knottrhamar begins to hum softly and is suffused with a powerful blue glow.

The Marghvas Knottrhamar begins to slowly transform in your hands, the spherical end splitting and lengthening on each side of the haft into two narrow stone blades, one vertical and the other horizontal.
A loud voice bellows, "Ker duthra bergae hnarth faar Sa Togheftur Darghamar!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "All will taste death from The Tog Weight Tall Hammer!"

The Darghamar appears quite well suited for your short strong Dwarven arms.
A loud voice bellows, "Ker duthra bergae hnarth faar Sa Togheftur Darghamar!"
Your Dwarven blood tells you this means, "All will taste death from The Tog Weight Tall Hammer!"
Sa Togheftur Darghamar is a heavy thrown and two-handed blunt melee-ranged weapon.
low puncture damage
low slice damage
severe impact damage
You are certain that the Darghamar is dismally balanced and is well suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the Togheftur Darghamar is incredibly hard, and is in pristine condition.
You are certain that the Togheftur Darghamar weighs exactly 71 stones.
You estimate that the Togheftur Darghamar is probably worth around a small mint in kronars.

______
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/06/2009 11:12 PM CST
>>OK, how about this one?

Too flashy, too magical-seeming. My vote still goes to your greatsword.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
"It's not about making money, it's about taking money; destroying the status quo because the status is not quo." - Dr. Horrible
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 06:05 AM CST
Those are some killer throwns and blunts.

Nikpack

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 06:55 AM CST
Yeah, my barb needs a greatsword like that one. Right now I'm using an altered Drevid-forged 104 stone Greatsword... it's pretty sick, but not quite that sick.

A kra'hei hatchling belts out, "It's the song that never ends..."

You groan.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 10:05 AM CST
Some of those apps don't seem right. Great impact LT?
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 11:58 AM CST
Well the LT are 50 & 71stones respectivaly. Would take a bit of stamina and strength to throw at min RT.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 01:49 PM CST
>Well the LT are 50 & 71stones respectivaly. Would take a bit of stamina and strength to throw at min RT.

Right, so how do you call it light thrown to begin with? LT is 10-30 stones typically. HT is generally 20 to 75 stones. I understand they wanted something for the various templates, but it seems a bit... off. I'd kill for a gnome version of that weapon.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 03:31 PM CST
>>Right, so how do you call it light thrown to begin with? LT is 10-30 stones typically. HT is generally 20 to 75 stones. I understand they wanted something for the various templates, but it seems a bit... off. I'd kill for a gnome version of that weapon.

I would speculate the same way you can have a 30-40 stone katar (LE), and an 18 stone sabre (ME).

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 03:59 PM CST
Light = Small (usually). That's about all there is to it. My katar weighs about twice what my bastard sword does. The term 'light' just doesn't make much sense, but it's what we've got.

I just chalk it up to the same phenomenon that makes katars a slicing weapon, gladii a medium edge while short swords are LE, and cinquedeas HE. It all adds to the charm.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 04:17 PM CST
Well, it's more the fact that it does triple the damage of other weapons in it's class that I protest, but meh.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/07/2009 04:19 PM CST
<<The term 'light' just doesn't make much sense, but it's what we've got.>>

Actually, I think it does make sense. But not in terms of weight at all. If you think of weapons in weight ranges than of course it can vary due to the density used. It should be based on templates for volume necessary. Light edged templates are typically less than medium edged templates and so on.

- Simon
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/09/2009 08:38 AM CST
>Well, it's more the fact that it does triple the damage of other weapons in it's class that I protest, but meh.

It was sold at the most recent Holy Fest auction - dwarf-specific weapon.

Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 02/09/2009 12:56 PM CST
>It was sold at the most recent Holy Fest auction - dwarf-specific weapon.

Yeah I know. Want to see the gnome-specific weapon from the previous auction?
The long blade appears to be perfectly weighted and balanced to take advantage of your keen Gnomish reflexes (and stubby little fingers).

A jewel-hilted Gnomish long blade incised with a blood channel is a light edged melee-ranged weapon.

fair puncture damage
low slice damage
poor impact damage

You are certain that the blade is reasonably balanced and is poorly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the long blade is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The long blade is made with metal.
You are certain that the long blade weighs exactly 18 stones.
You are certain that the long blade is worth exactly 2500000 lirums.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

Not exactly in the same league, heh.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 04/04/2009 11:12 AM CDT
If you're going by weight alone then the claymore Magdar made my former cleric (Darkhour) should be the best. Before leaving, I altered then sold the claymore and the individual who bought it used a bonding potion on it. I have no idea where it is currently or even if it still exists.

This: 56 stones:

an etched executioner's claymore with a hilt wrapped in ebony spidersilk.

Look:A darkened ivory orb at the pommel has been carved into a grinning skull. The spidersilk around the hilt is roughly braided,ensuring a secure grip. Lightly etched along the blade, black widow spiders face off against scorpions surrounding the words,"Death to all my enemies", while impressed into the metal is the image of a raven hovering over an anvil and holding a hammer and tongs in its
claws.

App Claymore:
It is a two-handed edged type weapon.

fair puncture damage
devastating slice damage
heavy impact damage

You are confident that the claymore is dismally balanced and is
excellently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the executioner's claymore is quite hard, and is
in pristine condition.

The executioner's claymore is made with metal.
The executioner's claymore feels light.
You are certain that the executioner's claymore is worth exactly 631
dokoras.

It was made back in 2003 by Magdar with Kertig, and it was the first he'd attempted at the time with kertig, and we had no idea how it would turn out. Sorry Magdar for not selling it back to you (as you'd prolly still have it), but I didn't think you'd want it when you had your kertig greatsword.
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 04/04/2009 04:07 PM CDT
I know this doesn't go here, but is Kertig ever going to be available again?
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 04/04/2009 04:09 PM CDT
>>I know this doesn't go here, but is Kertig ever going to be available again?

I think the general response on this is something along the lines of: Maybe someday after the mech lore split and the new forging system, etc. have been developed. Definitely not before then, though.

Ogdaro
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." - W. C. Fields
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 04/04/2009 06:14 PM CDT
Hehehehe, I have kertig. Now if I can only figure out how the void to get at it.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian Extrordi...Well somewhat average
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Best Two-Handed Edge Weapon In Game??? 04/04/2009 10:33 PM CDT
I've got a 104 stone greatsword that's pretty awsome, and every time I app it this little voice in the back of my mind says "Man, if only I had some rare metal for one of these..."

Still depressed they took it out before I really started playing.

Maulem exclaims, "Stop shootin da wimmins!"

Gene Police! You, outta the pool!