Best Storebought 02/15/2008 11:17 PM CST
I would like to know from those that are experienced, what is the best store bought 2HE weapon available. It could be from a guild store or any other normal store.

I'm looking for the best slice/impact damage and suitedness that can be found on a 2HE storebought.
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 12:12 AM CST
Claymore from theren or Sutler's Wagon south of shard.

both of them app l/s/h d/w well con

Once you have the str, I suggest you get a greatsword.

-Gred
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 12:21 AM CST
>claymore from theren or Sutler's Wagon south of shard.

>both of them app l/s/h d/w well con

>Once you have the str, I suggest you get a greatsword.

I'll have to go look at those.

Which storebought greatsword do you recommend.

We don't have any really accomplished forgers in plat so, I'm pretty much stuck with storebought items excluding the rare weapon merchant from time to time.
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 12:58 AM CST
Well, the absolute best appraisal you'll find is on the kaskara, from Leth. It is p/s/g p/w, but weighs in at a whopping 100 stones. I'd say that the best 2HE to go with, that isn't ridiculously heavy, is the ivory-hilted claymore from Theren Keep. It is l/s/h d/w and is only 58 stones. Also, if cost is an issue, the kaskara is 312500 kronars, while the claymore is only 11400 lirums. Those are about the best you can do, damage-wise.

Player of Kardlo, Outfitter Extraordinaire
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 01:35 AM CST
Engraved silver-white Greatsword from theren.

Apps L/S/H P/W well con - 95 stones

The poor balance makes a fairly larger difference at higher levels and a decent amount of agility.

I would also choose the greatsword over the Kaskara b/c the greatsword can hit from pole and the Kaskara can not. The ability to hit from pole at first is fun and advantageous, and once you get used to it is you'll think its irreplaceable. My memory is a bit fuzzy about the Kaskara. If someone knows, and wants to clarify if the Kaskara can in fact hit from pole or not please do so.

-triton
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 06:14 AM CST
I used this for a long time before finding something else.

Aesry Weapon shop:
Karambit - two-handed sword popular with Snow Elves - The karambit is a traditional weapon among the Snow Elf peoples. It's about a hand wide, and 12 hands long, requiring both hands to wield. It has a straight blade with a relatively sharp point and honed along both edges. Weighing about 55 to 60 stones, it's a weapon which requires a good deal of strength to use effectively." She chuckles, adding, "The hardest part about these is usually finding a scabbard to hold them! - 7500 lirums

A flirtatious pink war mammoth pirouettes into the room. Smiling happily she hands Alexii a gift and dances off.
~
Walk with the Wayward Rakash: http://www.geocities.com/alexii_dr
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 08:36 AM CST
I use a karambit with my Elf Moon Mage.

It's also l/s/h p/w well con. but at 58 stones.

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Star Shaper of the Compact

Ruea says, "I swear, I'm forsaking Damaris and building an altar to you."
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 03:18 PM CST
I have a silver-edged steel claymore right now, but with 130 appraisal I still can't seem to get a certain read on its stats even when using a careful appraisal.

I think I'll probably get a Karambit if it is l/s/h p/w at 58 stones, especially if they only cost 7500 lirum, if this claymore I have is no good. Then I'll get a greatsword when I can handle the weight, since I think having the ability to attack from pole is handy.

Anyone perhap know what the stats on the silver-edged steel claymore is? I can't recall where I got it unfortunately.
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 03:39 PM CST
>>I have a silver-edged steel claymore right now, but with 130 appraisal I still can't seem to get a certain read on its stats even when using a careful appraisal.

A forged bastard sword really is so much better. Though the damage is about the same, the weight, suitability and balance are all much better. Using a 2HE with poor balance will penalize your ability to parry quite a bit.

If you are interested I have several forged bastard swords laying around in my vault and would be happy to donate one. My AIM is DiminishedSeraph.
Prime: Malkien
Prime: (Necromancer Bob- coming to DR in '08!)
TF: Ganymede
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 04:24 PM CST
>I think I'll probably get a Karambit if it is l/s/h p/w at 58 stones, especially if they only cost 7500 lirum, if this claymore I have is no good. Then I'll get a greatsword when I can handle the weight, since I think having the ability to attack from pole is handy.

The karambit appraises the same as your claymore.

The lightest storebought 2HE is the swappable axe (45 stones) from SCC and the lightest pole-ranged 2HE is the flamberge (80 stones) from Riverhaven.

The balance on claymores/karambits is pretty bad so dont expect to parry very well (if it doesnt get knocked out of your hands)

Mage: Its what for dinner.
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 07:13 PM CST
>A forged bastard sword really is so much better. Though the damage is about the same, the weight, suitability and balance are all much better. Using a 2HE >with poor balance will penalize your ability to parry quite a bit.

>If you are interested I have several forged bastard swords laying around in my vault and would be happy to donate one. My AIM is DiminishedSeraph

While I certainly appreciate the offer. I play in Plat. So I have to stick with storebought for the most part.
Re: Best Storebought 02/16/2008 07:15 PM CST
>The karambit appraises the same as your claymore.

>The lightest storebought 2HE is the swappable axe (45 stones) from SCC and the lightest pole-ranged 2HE is the flamberge (80 stones) from Riverhaven.

>The balance on claymores/karambits is pretty bad so dont expect to parry very well (if it doesnt get knocked out of your hands)?

Do you have any idea what the appraisal is on the swappable axe? I've always prefered axes for my characters.
Re: Best Storebought 02/18/2008 03:19 PM CST
Poor/great/heavy poorly/well and its actually 46 stones.

Mage: Its what for dinner.
Re: Best Storebought 02/19/2008 02:09 PM CST
Get something with some balance (bastard sword down near SCC). You'll thank me later.

________
Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.