Tough cougar! 09/13/2007 05:44 PM CDT

>draw
< You step backward and then slice at a cougar. A cougar fails to dodge, failing miserably. The sword lands a massive strike that exposes bone along the entire left arm and spatters blood everywhere, lightly stunning it.
[You're somewhat off balance and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]
R>

---
R>sweep left arm
< You sweep a midnight black sword at a cougar. A cougar attempts to dodge, moving directly into the blow. The sword lands an extremely heavy hit that amputates the left arm and a good deal of the shoulder in a crippling blow, lightly stunning it.
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]
R>
---

R>
* Moving poorly and working from an awkward position, a cougar swipes with deadly claws extended at you. You dodge.
[You're solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
R>slice neck
< You slice a midnight black sword at a cougar. A cougar attempts to evade, failing miserably. The sword lands a solid hit that cuts the neck deeply with the end of the weapon, knocking it completely senseless and it staggers to the ground.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]
R>
R>chop head
< You chop a midnight black sword at a cougar. A cougar attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The sword lands a solid hit that bloodies the cougar's lip.
[You're nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]
R>
A cougar growls a low rumbling sound.
R>
A cougar's rear legs dig at the ground, its tail twitching violently. It swiftly leaps at you!
* A cougar lunges, snarling viciously at you. You evade.
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position.]
R>
A cougar decays away.
R>draw abdomen
< You step backward and then slice at a cougar. A cougar attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The sword lands a devastating hit that tears open the abdomen, causing a steaming heap of entrails to spill upon the ground.
The cougar screams one last time and lies still.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

I wish my character could do that... light stun from his arm gettin ripped off? Is that normal? New to 2HE, but they generally go down in two or three swings, sometimes something gets amputated.

Then this happened and I had to lol

A sickly tree grumbles, "Where da heck am I?"
A sickly tree shuffles west.
Re: Tough cougar! 09/14/2007 10:17 AM CDT
Were you facing multiple cougars? Sometimes happens with blood wolves when I take them for their skins. I reason that I am attacking both of them because when I kill one, usually the next one dies with my next attack...
Re: Tough cougar! 09/14/2007 04:09 PM CDT
Yes, there were several that I edited out of the log to make it shorter, but I was always under the impression that a normal attack can only hit what you're facing, and if that target dies then you get the "You turn to face..." message before the attack.

Of course, looking at this (It happened with 15 ranks of 2HE) and some of the other cougar kills, you could be right; three swings was pretty common for a kill most of the time, and this one cougar doesn't fit.

A sickly tree grumbles, "Where da heck am I?"
A sickly tree shuffles west.