Naphtha / Playing with fire 07/11/2015 09:34 PM CDT

I hope this is the right place for this question...

As a non-magic using character I wanted to try burning creatures via throwing naphtha vials and striking them with a torch. Could not get this to work and after reading somewhere on elanthipedia about using a flaming branch or log to strike an opponent after successfully coating them with a thrown vial or bottle of naphtha I tried this as well to no avail.
Wanted to know if there is something im missing, if this some type of easter egg, or if this was removed entirely for non war mages. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Naphtha / Playing with fire 07/11/2015 09:40 PM CDT
Naphtha was changed so that it only hits certain body parts. You then have to hit THAT PART with your burning thing to light it on fire.

That said, I haven't played with it in a long time so take this with a grain of salt.

- Navesi
Re: Naphtha / Playing with fire 07/11/2015 09:41 PM CDT
One thing that's changed is that when you hit a target with naphtha, it coats a particular body part. The messaging should reflect which. In order to ignite it, you'll need to hit the same body part with your flame.

If that's not working, then it might be an issue with the new branches and logs.
Re: Naphtha / Playing with fire 07/11/2015 09:45 PM CDT

Great! Thanks a lot guys I appreciate it. Ill mess around with it some more.