Light/Heavy Weight Cut-Off 06/04/2015 07:59 AM CDT
I'm trying to nail down what the specific weight division is between when an item (that does not appraise as thrown) changes from Light to Heavy. I did some testing a while back and I thought I found that it wasn't entirely based on weight; I recall finding at least one item that was lighter than some of the Light Thrown I had, but was training Heavy, so I suspected that size was also a factor. I didn't save (or I lost) the data though, so I did the testing again and this time found a clear answer: everything 25+ trained Heavy, everything 20- trained Light. I'm pretty sure the information I got from my first test was probably off due to user error; either I mis-recorded a weight/result, or I failed to notice that the anomalous item appraised as a specific thrown category (as I'm relatively confident that weight is irrelevant if the actual weapon is set to teach one or the other specifically).

The issue now is that I don't have any weapons in the 21-24 weight range, so I can't nail it down more than that. I'm curious if anyone has any weapons in this range, and if they could throw them at a critter and post which skill it trains. Or, if someone's already done this research, just let me know.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi
Re: Light/Heavy Weight Cut-Off 06/04/2015 12:50 PM CDT
<< I'm curious if anyone has any weapons in this range, and if they could throw them at a critter and post which skill it trains.

Don't even need to throw it. Just appraise it. You don't need any skill to get what it trains, although if you're skilled enough with appraisal then you can even get the weight without having to visit MAMA's.

> app my mall

A steel throwing mallet is a heavy thrown and heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.
A steel throwing mallet trains the heavy thrown and heavy blunt skills.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
low (3/26) slice damage
very severe (14/26) impact damage
no (0/26) fire damage
no (0/26) cold damage
no (0/26) electric damage

The throwing mallet is very well (10/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the mallet is inadequately (4/17) balanced and is soundly (8/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the throwing mallet is somewhat unsound against damage (6/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).

The throwing mallet is made with metal.
You are certain that the throwing mallet weighs exactly 63 stones.
You are certain that the throwing mallet is worth exactly 121892 Lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Light/Heavy Weight Cut-Off 06/04/2015 01:00 PM CDT
He's talking about throwing non-thrown weapons.
Re: Light/Heavy Weight Cut-Off 06/04/2015 01:01 PM CDT
>> He's talking about throwing non-thrown weapons.

This.

I

"Q: This is stupid. / Work on something we actually need changed! / Why aren't you working on something I want you to work on?
"A: Kindly shut up." ~ GM Naohhi