Is it still throwable.... 11/25/2014 01:13 PM CST
I wasn't sure where to post this so was gonna put it here and the forging folder.

Basically I was just wondering how thrown works at this point in the game. Came back a bit ago and I know that the best thrown weapons are usually listed as "thrown" in the appraisal. However I just forged a steel mallet that apps better than a hurlable war hammer I have that states it is a "thrown" weapon. The mallet didn't list that. The mallet did train the heavy thrown skill however.

Just wondering if it is viable as a thrown weapon even if it isn't in the appraisal. I know stuff like logs don't work but this is a weapon.

Any tips I would greatly appreciate. Thanks!

Malch
Re: Is it still throwable.... 11/30/2014 10:04 PM CST
Improvised thrown weapons have a large damage penalty applied to them. This penalty is larger than the penalty from using LOB versus THROW.

We aren't trying to make improvised throwing useless, just ensure folks can't cheat the system by throwing unusual stuff.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Is it still throwable.... 11/30/2014 10:23 PM CST
I don't notice the penalty very much, possibly because when you're throwing a greataxe, the damage appraisal of the base item outdoes a "proper" thrown even with the penalty?

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -

- I maintain the Warrior Mage Beginner's Guide at:

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Warrior_Mage_Guide
Re: Is it still throwable.... 11/30/2014 10:56 PM CST
Well, when I get back to tinkering with combat I'll run some numbers on it and see.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Is it still throwable.... 12/01/2014 05:50 AM CST
I've noticed the same as Starlear. Throwing large two-handed weapons has a devastating effect, especially with hurl.

As always thanks Kodius.