Thrown broken 09/01/2013 05:16 AM CDT
So I haven't landed a single hit in ints this morning with either LT or HT...

Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with a lumium ceremonial shield and a kertig bola, you are certain that the Dragon Priest intercessor is a relatively easy opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a kertig bola, you are certain that the Dragon Priest intercessor is something that you'd kill quickly.

Also, that's my SB app(1146) and not LT(1347).

Something is uh, really broken. I don't normally miss more than once in a row, yet I missed every single shot.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 05:25 AM CDT
With LT I cannot hit. HT I can hit but LOTS of fatigue! What broke?

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 05:29 AM CDT
Odd, Not sure if I am hitting or not with HT.

< You throw a steel hhr'ata at an adult desert armadillo. An adult desert armadillo dodges.
The hhr'ata lands nearby!
An adult desert armadillo falls over and, after a couple of spasms, is still.
[You're slightly off balance]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Guru of M'Riss
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 05:54 AM CDT
It is a messaging bug. You are still hitting, the messaging is just not properly reflecting it.

The Combat People (tm) have been notified and will surely be investigating the problem as soon as it's a more reasonable hour in the U.S.

Melete
Lore Developer
S'Kra Mur Champion
Empath Advocate
Advocates Lead
Events Lead
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 06:01 AM CDT

Seems more than a messaging bug. Totally loosing balance with HT spears, moving from adeptly to badly balanced in 4 throws. Never dropped below solid balance yesterday.

Rezzian
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 06:04 AM CDT
Also getting a ton of fatigue.

Hey you dang woodchucks! Quit chucking my wood!
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 06:25 AM CDT
Cause someones gonna say them... Looks like thrown was balanced! ... Sounds like it'll be easy to dodge all the curses thrown in the GM's direction ... Free weapons! Just follow all the weapon chuckers around...

And last but not least, Yall can't hit the broad side of the floor!

Now back to our regularly scheduled conniption fit... !!!HELP!!!

Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 10:20 AM CDT
Messaging and everything still appears fine in TF. Might want to compare code.

Waiting for results..................................................................................................................
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 10:27 AM CDT
Hey guys, I've posted an update in the responses category and I want to give a heads up that I'll be doing some more live-testing today. The many thrown bugs we've had since 3.0 went live - which include knocking people out of rooms, messaging issues, 0 skill players hitting 1000 skill players and 1000 skill players missing 0 skill players, and vanishing thrown weapons - cannot be duplicated with reasonable effort in our other instances.

Assuming my internet doesn't die I'll likely avoid breaking anything for more than a few minutes :P

Does anyone have a way to reliably reproduce the tossing people out of the room bug? Trying to find another angle to tackle this from...

Thanks for your understanding!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Thrown broken 09/01/2013 05:22 PM CDT
I've never done it (knowingly seen it), but I'll check with some of the more PvPer type players that may not check the forums, and see if I can OOC them and get a clue.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Thrown broken 09/02/2013 09:33 PM CDT
From my observations, I'm pretty sure that strength and/or stamina plays a role in characters being tossed from the room when being hit by thrown weapons. I feel like I've noticed it happening with greater frequency to my Gnome character (20 STR, 30 STAM) as compared to my other burlier characters.

You may want to try having a character with high strength and stamina throw at one with very low strength and stamina and see if that produces the desired bug. Hope that helps.

>befriend clear all
You are now friendless.
Re: Thrown broken 09/03/2013 07:54 PM CDT

ive seen it done when people throw 2handed blunts.
Re: Thrown broken 09/03/2013 08:01 PM CDT
I've done it with my crystal throwing club (HT) and my steel 58 stone sledge from Apu's store. I haven't seen it with an equal number of throws from crafted scimitar, broadsword, or bastard sword. Fwiw.