Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 10:02 AM CDT
Would it be possible to have Missile Mastery ranks effect the number of blades you throw?
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 10:19 AM CDT
This would defeat the purpose of having the LT skill wouldn't it? Using Missile to boost LT to attack with + using it for a feat that's only related to the LT skill. Might as well just combine LT with Missile at that point.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 10:34 AM CDT
>>This would defeat the purpose of having the LT skill wouldn't it?

No more than the mastery skills defeat the purpose of having any of the weapon skills, imo.

>>Using Missile to boost LT to attack with + using it for a feat that's only related to the LT skill. Might as well just combine LT with Missile at that point.

Fair enough, just figured it would speed up my LT back training which was what I thought the mastery skills were for.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 02:14 PM CDT
>>Fair enough, just figured it would speed up my LT back training which was what I thought the mastery skills were for.

Doubtful since blades are no longer the be all end all of LT training.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 02:18 PM CDT
>>Doubtful since blades are no longer the be all end all of LT training.

What should I be throwing?
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 02:29 PM CDT
>What should I be throwing?

If you have the coin, bond a rare metal light throwing axe.

If you don't, but can handle the weight, use 4-5 steel light throwing axes

If you prefer one weapon or low weight, use a forged throwing club/bola made from the best material you can afford.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 02:36 PM CDT
>>What should I be throwing?

Well it seems most of the HLCs that use LT heavily have gone to throwing axes with bonding potions. I personally still use blades myself, but it's not a main weapon for me and is still at level. I manage to train just fine throwing 4-5 blades.

Blades are horrid for training LT below 200 though IMO. Go with something that does not lodge (bola/throwing club, even a throwing spike swapped to blunt). Damage won't be great, but it will train LT just fine.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 02:40 PM CDT
You can "train" with throwing blades, it's just not optimal. Clubs, throwing axes and the likes are just way better.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 05:09 PM CDT
Train with a rock.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 05:24 PM CDT
>>Train with a rock.

That's where I started; blades seemed to go faster even with throwing singles.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/03/2013 10:07 PM CDT
>>If you have the coin, bond a rare metal light throwing axe.

>>If you don't, but can handle the weight, use 4-5 steel light throwing axes

>>If you prefer one weapon or low weight, use a forged throwing club/bola made from the best material you can afford.

FYI shameless plug since it seems relevant:

I sell all of these options on the Waterfall in my shop. I have Throwing Clubs and Throwing Axes in both max weight Steel and capped Haralun, and also premium-only bonding potions. I usually only have 1 steel throwing axe out at a time, but I have many more available for when customers want 4-5 at once

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/05/2013 08:06 AM CDT
>FYI shameless plug since it seems relevant:

Or just come talk to me and I'll make you whatever you want.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/05/2013 11:45 AM CDT

I had Squanto get me on the steel throwing axe gig, it's great, he made me up 4 of them for a good price and if I lose one, its not a big deal. The one or two times I have lost one I just ran to Apus shop when in crossing he had one waiting on the table. I can't wait to get a potion so I can rock a Haralun or Kertig one, but till then I really like my steel throwing axes, also I use a club/bola to train with for the non lodging and ease of use.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/05/2013 12:40 PM CDT
While I <3 Caramel the tog, it's also nice to have pre-made weapons you can just grab and go. You're usually busy enough that it takes an hour or two (oh noes!) for you to make an order. Apu's shop is nice for the instant gratification. You're great for the customisability, etc.

Pants.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/05/2013 04:08 PM CDT
I'm a huge fan of Codiax's weapons. He does a great job in his customization, and he has a very quick turn around. I use a Codiax forged kertig throwing axe and have nothing but great things to say about his workmanship. If you're looking for some great weapons at great prices with a quick turnaround, definitely consider codiax as a top forger. I believe Tiddegurs shop in Crossing stocks his goods.
Re: Missile Mastery and throwing blades 06/05/2013 04:54 PM CDT

Yeah Codiax is AWESOME, once I was hunting in a place that was really hard for me to get and the guy came from Shard to give me my weapon in a pinch..not the mention he cut me a sick price on my Sterak axe! I gotta say Codiax is my go to guy when I'm planning on having something made, not to mention he will help guide me as a barbarian as to what I may need later on and really gives someone of the guild a strong force to look up too. Squanto as well, he made me an amazing Glaes Greatsword that will take me all the way to Haralun and with only 50/50 str/agil I get min RTs. I think he may have some for sale right now so if you are looking for some Glaes love hit him up.