Throwing Blades not playing nice with hidden wrist sheath. 02/11/2013 10:34 AM CST
So I started up a new baby Ranger, and I had a hidden wrist sheath lying around(a small leather wrist sheath embossed with a crow and swan) and tossed it on my Ranger, and throwing blades are not playing nice with it. Every single one of the times it told me "sheath what?" it did in fact sheath the blade in the wrist sheath. And sometimes it gives the correct messaging with no rhyme or reason.

> stow blade

With a flick of your wrist you stealthily sheathe the throwing blade in your wrist sheath.
> loot
You search the ship's rat.
Lodged into it was a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, a throwing blade, and a throwing blade.
You find nothing of interest.

>

> stow blade

You pick up a throwing blade.
Sheathe what?
I could not find what you were referring to.

> stow blade

Sheathe what?

> stow blade
stow blade

Sheathe what?

> stow blade

Sheathe what?

> stow blade

With a flick of your wrist you stealthily sheathe the throwing blade in your wrist sheath.

> stow blade

Sheathe what?

> stow blade

Sheathe what?

> stow blade

Sheathe what?

>
Sheathe what?

>
> stow blade
stow blade

>
Sheathe what?

> stow blade

Sheathe what?

> stow blade

Sheathe what?

>
Sheathe what?
Re: Throwing Blades not playing nice with hidden wrist sheath. 02/11/2013 10:41 AM CST
And sorry for the double post, but for what it's worth I bought a plain old dagger from the Crossing weaponsmith and a throwing dagger from the Veteran and it seems to be a problem exclusively with throwing blades, not anything else that will fit in the sheath(only daggers and blades, as far as I know).
Re: Throwing Blades not playing nice with hidden wrist sheath. 02/11/2013 10:44 AM CST
>>And sometimes it gives the correct messaging with no rhyme or reason.

Could it be giving the right message when it's making a new stack and giving no message when it's adding to a previously made stack?

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Throwing Blades not playing nice with hidden wrist sheath. 02/11/2013 10:49 AM CST
I think that's exactly what it's doing. I just threw ten blades at my Barbarian on my other account and the first and sixth blades I stowed gave the message.
Re: Throwing Blades not playing nice with hidden wrist sheath. 02/11/2013 11:09 AM CST
Yeah, this has happened since the wrist sheaths came out if I remember. I had to update my match tables after realizing it was not seeing the item actually "stow".

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR